Tillman an All Star!

Can_of_corn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Tillman is the first Orioles starting pitcher to make the All-Star team since Mike Mussina did so in 1999. Tillman's selection to the team marks the first time that the Orioles have had five All-Stars since 1997, when the players on the team were Roberto Alomar, Brady Anderson, Jimmy Key, Mussina, Cal Ripken Jr., and Randy Myers."

http://www.camdenchat.com/2013/7/14/4522594/mlb-all-star-game-chris-tillman-named-replacement-justin-verlander

I'm more interested in getting Orioles on the team. I did, after all, vote for Markakis a bunch. Sorry for violating the sanctity of the ASG.

I don't mind having Oriole pitchers elected to the ASG. I do not, however, want them pitching in it.

Same with the WBC.

I'm just going to say I'm excited for Chris Tillman, rather than debating whether someone else should have gotten the nod. As of June 2012, nobody would have even been confident that Tillman could stick in our rotation, much less get an all-star nod. So, congrats to him!

I don't mind having Oriole pitchers elected to the ASG. I do not, however, want them pitching in it.

Same with the WBC.

This. I hope he doesn't pitch in the game. Granted the Orioles haven't announced what the post ASG rotation would be, I would prefer Tillman starting the first game after the break.

Same with the WBC.

I'd be surprised if he pitched. He'll probably be in the back end of the bullpen and may only see an inning, if that, late in the game. Depending on the situation. Casualty of the Selig ASG Rule.

Archived