Tampa Bay at Boston

hanging_curve

One or the other but not both. Go Tampa! Finally, they can't both win.

Well, if they split, and we split with KC, won't we be right where we all started heading into tomorrow? I'm a bit exhausted so maybe I'm wrong.

Worst case scenario: 4 game split.

I was thinking that would be the best case scenario. Then if the O's can get 3 out of 4 from KC (no easy feat) we'd gain a game on both.

BTW, the Rays have gotten hot against Houston, Chicago, Minnesota and Toronto. Now give them credit for taking advantage, but they've basically played the worst teams in the American League over the past 3 weeks. They're about to start playing some real baseball teams again.

I was thinking that would be the best case scenario. Then if the O's can get 3 out of 4 from KC (no easy feat) we'd gain a game on both.

BTW, the Rays have gotten hot against Houston, Chicago, Minnesota and Toronto. Now give them credit for taking advantage, but they've basically played the worst teams in the American League over the past 3 weeks. They're about to start playing some real baseball teams again.

After beating Boston tonight, they're 18-2 in their last 20 games. I don't care who you're playing, it's very, VERY hard to go 18-2 against any competition at any point.

After beating Boston tonight' date=' they're 18-2 in their last 20 games. I don't care who you're playing, it's very, VERY hard to go 18-2 against any competition at any point.[/quote']

No question. Good for them. But obviously they're not going to remain at that pace and playing at a higher level of competition should help cool them off at least a little bit.

But I've said from before the season that they were my pick to win the AL East, so they're certainly no dissuading me from that right now.

Archived