vs. Astros 8/1 (with Bud Norris, pitching for the Orioles)

weams

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this: When you post something in the fourth inning about how the game is already over, it should be your last post of the thread. Turn off the game and go do something else instead of trolling the rest of us who actually want to see how the entire game plays out.

Here, here. When I get sick of seeing the wheels coming off, I turn off the game. And I certainly don't come and run smack on the message board. But, there's one in every forum. That's just how they roll.

2nd Wild Card

IF the Orioles take a L tonight can we please stop talking about Playoffs.

Cleveland

Texas .5 GB

Baltimore 1.5GB

Yanks 3.5GB

KC 4.5GB

Yup let them get burnt on another contract.

Wieters is just so frustrating. He follows up a 5 game multi hit streak with an 0-20 stretch. He should be shopped this offseason. He's not going to be worth the contract he will demand.

2nd Wild Card

Cleveland

Texas .5 GB

Baltimore 1.5GB

Yanks 3.5GB

KC 4.5GB

Yeah, how could we ever hold off the Yankees and Royals? Or overtake the mighty Cleveland Indians?

2nd Wild Card

Cleveland

Texas .5 GB

Baltimore 1.5GB

Yanks 3.5GB

KC 4.5GB

If we win tonight, can we please stop talking about how we've already lost the game with 15 at bats to go trailing by two runs?

Yeah, there's nothing more intolerable than a one game losing streak. I'd personally be sniping players from the warehouse.

If you include the two Boston games that's basically five straight games althought it's gotten progressively worse.

Yeah, how could we ever hold off the Yankees and Royals? Or overtake the mighty Cleveland Indians?

KC has played 4 less games then us.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Have you seen the lineups? They are a joke. Hyde has to go too.     😎 Insomnia in progress. 
    • I have to admit I am all for resigning Burnes too, I just can't remember the last time the O's signed a free agent the other top teams wanted.  I don't think even Chris Davis fits that category because the O's were bidding against themselves.  Albert Belle?  I guess I'll just try to be hopeful.  I can't see Rubenstein making himself the public face of the franchise and then turning around and basically saying this is going to be my cash cow.  I guess we'll soon find out.  I have to admit I am looking forward to this way more than the election.  lol
    • It seems to me they should probably change their approach or the season will end up a disaster.  It’s frankly unexplainable they haven’t demoted/traded/DFA’d the players that aren’t performing.  It’s a joke management thinks this group of players has any chance of winning anything.  Imagine if they could just walk more..
    • Sorry I’m not Gretzky fan , lol . And don’t know any of his quotes. But I would love to hear it , if you can share.    Speaking of bullpen, I agree that ours needs to be augmented and upgraded.  The trade deadline is coming soon so……..
    • I agree. He's a major factor in our odds to win a World Series. Gotta go for it while you can and keep him if we can. I generally don't like big contracts and view them as over pays. I criticized the Albert Belle signing, I hated the Ubaldo Jimenez signing, and I didn't feel comfortable with the Chris Davis extension. But to me those players did not have a solid consistent careers as a pure Ace player like Burnes does. Burnes is a player I feel confident that you know what you're getting, even if we can expect a decline by age 35. Up to that point, you're getting a perennial Cy Young competitor to anchor your entire Pitching Staff and give you a chance to win when you need it most just like he did tonight in the game 3 rubber match in a series against division rivals. This series against the Red Sox, Burnes was effectively the Stopper and got us back on track. I'm all for resigning Corbin Burnes! It's on my Christmas wish list!
    • I agree. He's been such a key part of the team competing this year. Especially since we don't have a good bullpen, Corbin Burnes has been HUGE for us. For us to keep the window to a World Series chance open, we have to at least try to retain his services. Ya never know if you don't try! What's that Wayne Gretsky quote about shots you don't take?
    • Welcome to the Orioles Hangout!
  • Popular Contributors