Fan that threw banana comes forward

Hooded Viper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how I can equate a banana to bad playing.

He is ticked off with the way the Giants are playing (getting killed at that point late in the game, 8th inning), looks over and sees a banana sitting there grabs it and chucks it. Probably drunk.

Very plausible IMO, but who knows.

My girlfriend is black and I am white. I asked her about this and she sent me this:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/orioles-luke-scott-throws-banana-chips-at-dominican-teammate-to-remind-him-to-not-be-a-savage/

I absolutely despise Luke Scott. In all my years of being an Oriole fan-I have only written 2 angry things to the team directly-one was letting Mike Mussina go and two was Luke Scott. I am disgusted by him and his political antics. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Now back to the incident...if this had happened in say...Kansas City...I would probably assume the worst. But this happened in San Fran. I would love to see a picture of this guy so I can justifiably stereotype him as a racist or not:)

Either way-Adam has a right to be upset if anything is thrown at him.

He is ticked off with the way the Giants are playing (getting killed at that point late in the game, 8th inning), looks over and sees a banana sitting there grabs it and chucks it. Probably drunk.

When you google the guy's name the first two pictures that come up are mug shots (that I assume are him, given the location, age and unusual name). http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/California/Mendocino-County-CA/Alexander-Nicholas-Poulides.57025801/details/

My girlfriend is black and I am white. I asked her about this and she sent me this:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/orioles-luke-scott-throws-banana-chips-at-dominican-teammate-to-remind-him-to-not-be-a-savage/

I absolutely despise Luke Scott. In all my years of being an Oriole fan-I have only written 2 angry things to the team directly-one was letting Mike Mussina go and two was Luke Scott. I am disgusted by him and his political antics. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Now back to the incident...if this had happened in say...Kansas City...I would probably assume the worst. But this happened in San Fran. I would love to see a picture of this guy so I can justifiably stereotype him as a racist or not:)

Either way-Adam has a right to be upset if anything is thrown at him.

Not quite sure what any of this has to do with the banana but its quite obvious you have some anger and bitterness issues. Learn to lighten up and look past the faults, or perceived faults of others, and life will be much more enjoyable.

Not quite sure what any of this has to do with the banana but its quite obvious you have some anger and bitterness issues. Learn to lighten up and look past the faults, or perceived faults of others, and life will be much more enjoyable.

He saw a chance to slam Scott and he took it.

I do not have anger or biterness issues:) But I will admit I have a huge pet peeve about athletes and politics. Kids look up to you, keep out of it.

I like what Led Zeppelin does-they stay out of it. Why upset half of your fan base by bringing up politics opinions in the first place.

You should lick on that link btw. Quite unbelievable.

Dang straight! Click on that link and tell me your opinion.

I am very aware of the interactions between Scott and Pie.

I noticed it is his politics you complaining about not his interactions with Pie, who by the way was on very good terms with Scott.

I have to wonder if you would be upset with him declaring his politics if they were the same as yours?

How about this article?

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/luke-scott-gun-nut-birther-bible-beater-but-not-a-racist

“Scott’s locker is positioned in the Orioles spring clubhouse between his best friend on the team, Felix Pie, and newly acquired superstar Vladimir Guerrero…he probably speaks as much Spanish in the locker room as English and he clearly prefers the company of his Latin teammates”

I do not have anger or biterness issues:) But I will admit I have a huge pet peeve about athletes and politics. Kids look up to you, keep out of it.

I like what Led Zeppelin does-they stay out of it. Why upset half of your fan base by bringing up politics opinions in the first place.

You should lick on that link btw. Quite unbelievable.

I am very aware of the interactions between Scott and Pie.

I noticed it is his politics you complaining about not his interactions with Pie, who by the way was on very good terms with Scott.

I have to wonder if you would be upset with him declaring his politics if they were the same as yours?

Why is that those who side with the preachers of tolerance are always the least tolerant?

Each of us have a right to our views on all things. And each of us have a right to express those views where it is allowed, w/o scorn or ridicule from others who dont share the same views. The very thing that upsets you about Luke is something you are voicing, except from a different viewpoint.

I don't read Bleacher Report. I am very aware of the interactions between Scott and Pie.

Good terms or not, don't you see anything wrong with that? Jones said he would have spoken up if he saw racism but I would think that has got to be hard when he is a teammate.

I definitely am concerned about this interactions with Pie. I also dislike his politics as I stated. Both. I don't like either.

Is it politics to question your current president's validity? I think that is much deeper than politics my friend.

Archived