Fan that threw banana comes forward

Hooded Viper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your girlfriend is an idiot for attacking Luke Scott for his political beliefs. He is entitled to his beliefs as same as your girlfriend is, just because he "plays ball" does not mean he should be a robot devoid of any political feeling, regardless of what it is.

Somehow I think if she happened to agree with his politics, she would have zero problem with him speaking his mind. This is a democracy, people sharing their beliefs, regardless of what they are, is protected by the first amendment. Tell your girlfriend to take a poly sci course so she can keep her small mindedness to herself.

You know here I thought this was about the idiot that threw a banana at AJ. Now

it has gone to Luke Scott. How in the hell Scott got into this i will never knTalk about derailing a thread.

I do not have anger or biterness issues:) But I will admit I have a huge pet peeve about athletes and politics. Kids look up to you, keep out of it.

I like what Led Zeppelin does-they stay out of it. Why upset half of your fan base by bringing up politics opinions in the first place.

You should lick on that link btw. Quite unbelievable.

Plenty of African American liberals have voiced their political opinions, something tells me you have zero problem with that.......

I didn't bold it. ChinMusic bolded it.

MSK

I bolded it. So that you would see that I was not speaking to the rest of your post. I can not speak to what was in that persons mind but I see based on this "In any case, getting back to the banana, there WILL BE those who will try to pass it off as some sophomoric prank or a "misunderstanding" instead of calling it what it is."

from your other post that you can. So God Bless and was only pointing out that is might not be a good idea to assume others are racist when you don't know them.

My girlfriend is black and I am white. I asked her about this and she sent me this:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/orioles-luke-scott-throws-banana-chips-at-dominican-teammate-to-remind-him-to-not-be-a-savage/

I absolutely despise Luke Scott. In all my years of being an Oriole fan-I have only written 2 angry things to the team directly-one was letting Mike Mussina go and two was Luke Scott. I am disgusted by him and his political antics. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Now back to the incident...if this had happened in say...Kansas City...I would probably assume the worst. But this happened in San Fran. I would love to see a picture of this guy so I can justifiably stereotype him as a racist or not:)

Either way-Adam has a right to be upset if anything is thrown at him.

You can tell from a picture whether the guy is a racist or not? You would have been a valuable member of the Thought Police in "1984" Be thoughtful not hyperbolic.

My girlfriend is black and I am white. I asked her about this and she sent me this:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/orioles-luke-scott-throws-banana-chips-at-dominican-teammate-to-remind-him-to-not-be-a-savage/

I absolutely despise Luke Scott. In all my years of being an Oriole fan-I have only written 2 angry things to the team directly-one was letting Mike Mussina go and two was Luke Scott. I am disgusted by him and his political antics. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Now back to the incident...if this had happened in say...Kansas City...I would probably assume the worst. But this happened in San Fran. I would love to see a picture of this guy so I can justifiably stereotype him as a racist or not:)

Either way-Adam has a right to be upset if anything is thrown at him.

Thankfully, Felix Pie, Luke Scott's friend, did not seem as bitter and testy over the incident as you. Friends joke with each other all the time. I'm sure you think Scott is a racist because of his "political views." Felix Pie would probably have a different view of Scott.

I bolded it. So that you would see that I was not speaking to the rest of your post. I can not speak to what was in that persons mind but I see based on this "In any case, getting back to the banana, there WILL BE those who will try to pass it off as some sophomoric prank or a "misunderstanding" instead of calling it what it is."

from your other post that you can. So God Bless and was only pointing out that is might not be a good idea to assume others are racist when you don't know them.

I've had some interesting discussions on race and racism here on the OH over the years. While 98% of this board is filled with decent guys, there's a couple of folks who've made some questionable racial remarks.

In any case, why not discuss the rest of what I posted? It's interesting no one is addressing the information I posted.

MSK

I do not have anger or biterness issues:) But I will admit I have a huge pet peeve about athletes and politics. Kids look up to you, keep out of it.

I like what Led Zeppelin does-they stay out of it. Why upset half of your fan base by bringing up politics opinions in the first place.

You should lick on that link btw. Quite unbelievable.

What would Jimmy Page do? He would sit in his castle and cast magic spells and wow you with his virtuosity. Major rep for you man.

Your girlfriend is an idiot for attacking Luke Scott for his political beliefs. He is entitled to his beliefs as same as your girlfriend is, just because he "plays ball" does not mean he should be a robot devoid of any political feeling, regardless of what it is.

Somehow I think if she happened to agree with his politics, she would have zero problem with him speaking his mind. This is a democracy, people sharing their beliefs, regardless of what they are, is protected by the first amendment. Tell your girlfriend to take a poly sci course so she can keep her small mindedness to herself.

But wait, small mindedness and racism only goes one way, right? Hypocrisy is running rampant in this country and it's sad.

In any case, why not discuss the rest of what I posted? It's interesting no one is addressing the information I posted.
Maybe if you left out the inflammatory stuff at the end, people would address your actual point. I mean, maybe they still wouldn't, but your post isn't blameless in derailing the conversation.

Regardless of this guy's intent, he should be banned for throwing something on the field.

As far as Luke Scott goes, I liked him as an Oriole and still like him. His politics represent that of about half the country, so it's disappointing to see the obvious smear of those people by what I view as a trolling, off topic post. If Felix Pie and Adam Jones got along with Scott, I am pretty sure they are in a better position to judge whether he's a racist than someone posting here.

I've had some interesting discussions on race and racism here on the OH over the years. While 98% of this board is filled with decent guys, there's a couple of folks who've made some questionable racial remarks.

MSK

Mainly because I realize that many of the points you make are correct and racism in any form at all is not to be tolerated. I was only pointing out it appeared to be a broad brush you were painting with. No issue with you personally. As you can see I've been here a while and elect not to post much but when I read that I thought I would comment on it.

Archived