Adam Jones leaves winter ball early?

GoOs3

Man, Tony. I can't believe you had to drag Paul Bako's good name through this mess. :P

I echo the part about lightening up and such. I guess the insiders take a lot of grief on here and their sources are jeopardized. It's too bad that so much heat gets generated for no good reason.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to all for straying off topic, but this is one of the most disturbing posts I've read in my few years here.

B8&W8... I understand that you are bothered by "outsiders" or people you consider not at your esteemed level of membership, however your membership fees are not being paid to give you the right to any special "insider" privileges, but rather to simply help support the site that we all love. We have no rights to ANY inside information, as it is 100% not part of the privilege of membership. Peace, BB, Dynamite, Belkast and Sonny and others who provide occasional "inside" information are not paid employees of the Hangout, but rather members like you and I whose major purpose for posting here is to contribute their thoughts and views on our favorite team, the Baltimore Orioles. These "insiders" are smart people and they need to be listened to, as they do try to make us all understand the difficulties in passing on info that is generally not for public knowledge. We need to allow them to provide or not provide their info, pending their level of certainty and comfort in doing so.

I see the privilege of posting here as a gift, and while I pay a nominal fee for it, it is well worth the enjoyment I receive from this community of cool and knowledgeable fans who make me feel that my peculiar passion for a seemingly forgotten organization is not as strange as it once seemed. I, among many others here, try to be tolerant of both "guests" as well as "members", because we were all guests at the beginning.

Again, your frustration and passion seemed to get the better of you, but there was a viciousness in your words, and I hope that you just had a bad moment, but if not, and if you still feel you've been robbed, well... I can't imagine you'll ever be a happy camper at the OH.

Thanks Greg.... I'd hope being new wouldn't prevent folks from access to the same info & benefits as the Vets. By doing that the site wouldn't be able to grow as it would leave many feeling like a "Outsider". By the way I don't believe the membership fee (which I dont know anything about by the way)would keep the newer folks from getting access as most would probably pay the nominal fee. I know I would & probably will regardless.;)

While I think what has made a lot of this tension worse is the dissatisfaction from the Cubs fans visiting this site to bash the front office & the Insiders, as they weren't able to steal Roberts for Gallagher & their trash.

By the way ... I hope the movement of guys suddenly pulled from winter ball means we may soon get the flurry of activity we thirst for!

Good post and we agree on all points. Hopefully Bedard will be dealt soon and we can all get our fill of something real to discuss again. :)

The insider did say it was a 2006 draftee, but that doesn't mean he won't be traded for someone else. No one should take the insider's word for complete gospel. I just don't understand why that can't happen. It's not like we're going to get Chris Marrero for him. Or Evan Longoria. Maybe, though, just maybe, we could get back Colvin.

The insider did say it was a 2006 draftee, but that doesn't mean he won't be traded for someone else. No one should take the insider's word for complete gospel. I just don't understand why that can't happen. It's not like we're going to get Chris Marrero for him. Or Evan Longoria. Maybe, though, just maybe, we could get back Colvin.

What is this post referring to?

Thanks Tony,

I have been reading this site since I moved here to Kentucky. You people still in B-more think finding good info about the O's is hard. Ya need to move here and try it!! I will be a paid member of this wonderful board when I go back to work next week. Priorities ya know. MASN came first. Gotta be able to watch my O's. But the actual point of my post is that I am joining not because of the insider info, but because of how Tony put it. CONTENT!!!! I have been an O's fan since my first game back in 1963. In all those years as a fan I have not learned as much about the Orioles as I have from reading this site in the last 15 months. Prior to coming here the only thing I could have told you about the players in our farm systems was what made the sunpapers or channel 13 news. Needless to say that wasn't much huh? Ask me back then what WHIP, BABIP, etc... meant. Could not have told ya. Not a clue. I know now. Its because of the wonderful people here who like me, bleed orange and black. You have taught me much. I wonder if any of the naysayers or bashers here quite realize the amount of information contained on this site. They need to quit griping about trades that don't work for whatever reason and start reading some of the other sections of this forum. I too would love to see the O's pull off a couple of blockbuster trades. When it happens I will scream for joy. When the insiders post that they here a possible trade is in the works, I think, MAN WOULD THAT BE GREAT!! I think about it. I do not accept that it is gospel or writtin in stone.

Tony, peace, bigbird, belkast, sonny, and the rest of you wonderful, argumentive people, I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY ORANGE AND BLACK HEART!!! You have given me an ability that I NEVER HAD BEFORE. The ability to find good reading and most excellent information about the ONLY SPORTS TEAM I care about.

If you choose to stop posting any insider info that is cool. But PLEASEdon't stop posting. Quite honestly I am not done learning yet.

Respecfuly yours

An O's fan in the backwoods of Kentucky

It's like you read my mind!;)

My story is very similar only I'm in a little town in Georgia. I spent my first 30 years in Baltimore worshipping the great teams of the 60s & 70s then relocated to Georgia in the 80's. I would spend many hot summer nights sitting in my car listening to radio broadcasts of the Birds on WTOP out of Washington. The signal was lousy and would fade in and out, and usually at the worst possible moment.

In the 90s as the Orioles got worse and the coverage became sparse I started following the Braves more. I still bled orange & black but had no way to follow the daily O's happenings. Then came the Internet! I remember the first time I discovered the Hangout about 3 years ago, stayed up half the night reading those boards, Man! I was in heaven! Thanks to all of the well informed posters on here not only am I more in touch with my O's then ever before, but I'm more knowledgeable about baseball in general!

Something to think about people, If you aren't a paying member you should be. It's a very small price to pay for sooo much entertainment. I've been a member in the past, but when I signed up again this year it was after reading the "Wood" thread. I laughed so hard I cried, and thought to myself, "I haven't seen a movie in years that made me laugh that hard, and often spend more in one night for a bad movie then a one year membership cost!"

Guest oriofan8
Sorry to all for straying off topic, but this is one of the most disturbing posts I've read in my few years here.

B8&W8... I understand that you are bothered by "outsiders" or people you consider not at your esteemed level of membership, however your membership fees are not being paid to give you the right to any special "insider" privileges, but rather to simply help support the site that we all love. We have no rights to ANY inside information, as it is 100% not part of the privilege of membership. Peace, BB, Dynamite, Belkast and Sonny and others who provide occasional "inside" information are not paid employees of the Hangout, but rather members like you and I whose major purpose for posting here is to contribute their thoughts and views on our favorite team, the Baltimore Orioles. These "insiders" are smart people and they need to be listened to, as they do try to make us all understand the difficulties in passing on info that is generally not for public knowledge. We need to allow them to provide or not provide their info, pending their level of certainty and comfort in doing so.

I see the privilege of posting here as a gift, and while I pay a nominal fee for it, it is well worth the enjoyment I receive from this community of cool and knowledgeable fans who make me feel that my peculiar passion for a seemingly forgotten organization is not as strange as it once seemed. I, among many others here, try to be tolerant of both "guests" as well as "members", because we were all guests at the beginning.

Again, your frustration and passion seemed to get the better of you, but there was a viciousness in your words, and I hope that you just had a bad moment, but if not, and if you still feel you've been robbed, well... I can't imagine you'll ever be a happy camper at the OH.

The voice of reason strikes again...

I had a very rough Saturday...had to work...looong day. Got home, got on OH, and ranted!!!

I apologize for running my mouth. There is no real good reason for what I posted...was just frustrated. I'm usually just a mild mannered old, short, and balding fella...my ugly side does not appear often.

So I apologize to anyone and everyone I offended with my ranting, and will make every effort to make sure it never happens again.

I enjoy the OH...everyday.

I had a very rough Saturday...had to work...looong day. Got home, got on OH, and ranted!!!

I apologize for running my mouth. There is no real good reason for what I posted...was just frustrated. I'm usually just a mild mannered old, short, and balding fella...my ugly side does not appear often.

So I apologize to anyone and everyone I offended with my ranting, and will make every effort to make sure it never happens again.

Thanks! Glad to see you had a come to Jesus moment this morning. It was a rather disappointing post and i really like your opinions most of the time!

Sincerely... Thanks for this post.

Guest rochester
Well everytime we do post information, we make sure we let everyone know to take the info with a grain of salt. Letting everyone know that we are the middle man here, just relaying info we heard from our sources. We trust our sources to be right, but we are also thankful to have them sharing what they have. If it turns out the news is false, I for one make sure I speak with my source and see what happened. But this offseason has been a rollercoaster. Things change quickly.

As Sonny noted in another thread, he said he was going to not post any more information in threads. And Im going to follow suit and keep things private. Hope everyone understand, but this offseason has been unusal to say the least. And I feel everytime I post info, im risking my sources credibilty. And thats not something I want to do.

Peace, BB, Belkast, Sonny:

All of you have been great - it makes this board exciting...source news is better than no news...but understand and respect your decision(s).

This offseason has been very strange and unusual - I can only hope for a good reason - I have not been this engulfed in a long,long time....which is interesting in itself I guess. And to make it worse, because of that, I am not as patient when I see negativity...if PA pulls what has happened in the past:rolleyes:

Archived