Luis Hernandez shining in Winter League playoffs

JakeeO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see... 24 AB's of .333 average???

Or 2208 AB's with a .250 average and even more importantly, a .621 OPS.

The guy swings a toothpick at the plate. There is no denying this. What he can do in the field is where he value lies, period.

There is also value in that LH is currently getting the minimum salary.

LH is a cost effective option at SS until Joe Jordan finds the next Troy Tulowiczki. ;)

But all kidding aside the Orioles should always strive for players that are both strong fielders and disciplined hitters. One dimensional players aren't going to cut it in the AL East. Not with 76 games every season against Boston, New York, Toronto, and Tampa.

Let's see... 24 AB's of .333 average???

Or 2208 AB's with a .250 average and even more importantly, a .621 OPS.

The guy swings a toothpick at the plate. There is no denying this. What he can do in the field is where he value lies, period.

Hitting .218 with a toothpick is quite impressive. Someone should buy this guy a proper bat...

Hitting .218 with a toothpick is quite impressive. Someone should buy this guy a proper bat...

LH should never sniff above AA. Hell he cant even hit there. He is a waste of space on the 40 man roster. Especially for a rebuilding team.

It depresses me that this bum is even being talked about.

All the points about small sample size are right on, but it's only fair that Luis gets a little love for playing well down there.

Lord knows, if he was 0-24, or even 4-24, the "I told you so" crowd would be bloviating (El Gordo taught us that one) long and loud.

LH should never sniff above AA. Hell he cant even hit there. He is a waste of space on the 40 man roster. Especially for a rebuilding team.

It depresses me that this bum is even being talked about.

You need to do a little remedial reading on the value of good defense my friend.

http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55467 have fun.:D

All the points about small sample size are right on, but it's only fair that Luis gets a little love for playing well down there.

Lord knows, if he was 0-24, or even 4-24, the "I told you so" crowd would be bloviating (El Gordo taught us that one) long and loud.

Even bad players can look OK in 24 AB's.

Even bad players can look OK in 24 AB's.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said all the points about small sample size were right on.

Anyway, the Luis Hernandez bashing society will be happy to know that he went 0-1 with a walk yesterday, and committed 2 errors leading to 2 unearned runs in 5 innings before leaving for a pinch-hitter. His team lost 8-6.

They moved him up to second in the batting order. Shouldn't have messed with a good thing.

You need to do a little remedial reading on the value of good defense my friend.

http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55467 have fun.:D

Ace,

I read through the thread. So what? He is still terrible! So you like the idea of having a .600 ops ss? This is not the National League. I don't care about guys who can only play D. LH is a bum and so is Fahey. Neither of them should even sniff an MLB 40 man. Especially on an AL team.

I'm glad some of the guys who are for LH are not the GM. So LH plays great D huh? If that contributes 3 more wins for this team I would be surprised. What does this team need 3 more wins for? That is not going to help at all. This team is terrible and needs to rebuild....... Put my sister at short for all I care.

Some leagues will use errors but other than that, defense has nothing to do with fantasy baseball and really, what should it?

It is a stat based thing...No real stats for defense.

Well, this explains a *whole* lot. Just from little things that people had said here and there, I figured "fantasy baseball" was part of the problem with people not understanding how Actual Baseball works. But I had no idea that it went *so* far that D is not even part of the game.

Why should fantasy baseball use D? Because it's *pretending* to be baseball, that's why. If the whole dang thing is based on just hitting and pitching stats, then they shouldn't call it "Baseball". Because it's not. It can't be Baseball if 1/3 of what makes up the entire sport is completely missing. How crazy is that? That's be like people making up NFL rosters based on what they'd "learned" from playing some kind of "fantasy football" that pretends that linebackers don't even exist.

They should call it "Computerball" or "Batting Practice" or "OPS Derby" or something like that. But they shouldn't call it "Baseball". With one-third of the whole sport completely missing, that's just a blatant lie. No wonder people are saying dumb stuff left and right.

So LH plays great d huh? If that contributes 3 more wins for this team I would be surprised. What does this team need 3 more wins for? That is not going to help at all. This team is terrible and needs to rebuild....... Put my sister at short for all I care.

Yeah, like that'd help. :confused::rolleyes:

I dunno about SS, but if Roberts is dealt, maybe we should expand our 2B search to include the next Toni Stone

http://www.nlbpa.com/stone__toni.html

There's also a pitcher with a career 33-8 record currently without a contract:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1164167

Well, this explains a *whole* lot. Just from little things that people had said here and there, I figured "fantasy baseball" was part of the problem with people not understanding how Actual Baseball works. But I had no idea that it went *so* far that D is not even part of the game.

Why should fantasy baseball use D? Because it's *pretending* to be baseball, that's why. If the whole dang thing is based on just hitting and pitching stats, then they shouldn't call it "Baseball". Because it's not. It can't be Baseball if 1/3 of what makes up the entire sport is completely missing. How crazy is that? That's be like people making up NFL rosters based on what they'd "learned" from playing some kind of "fantasy football" that pretends that linebackers don't even exist.

They should call it "Computerball" or "Batting Practice" or "OPS Derby" or something like that. But they shouldn't call it "Baseball". With one-third of the whole sport completely missing, that's just a blatant lie. No wonder people are saying dumb stuff left and right.

Only in your warped mind where you misread everything that is said.

Archived