How would you feel if Cal Ripken managed another MLB team?

AlbionHero

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the question but I think the idea is HIGHLY unlikely.

Cal doesn't want to manage. He likes teaching (not quite the same as managing) and he likes the freedom of doing his own thing. I think Cal would consent to be a "special adviser" to someone one day, but I don't think he'll ever have a full time job with any professional club.

I really couldn't care less. If he turned down the O's job to go somewhere else, I'd be pretty upset. But with the O's job filled, I really don't care. I suppose I'd be irritated if he managed a team in the AL East, especially NY or Boston. I'd be fine if he managed the Nats, though I know some people here can't stand them.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/23952803/could-cal-ripken-jr-manage-nats-well-he-didnt-rule-it-out

I know he doesn't have a spot here with Buck likely here for the long term, but it would be tough to see him in another uniform.

I wouldn't care. Ever since the sorry Brooksie episode it's clear Cal is a Cal fan before he's an Orioles fan, He's part of the MSM culture. Wouldn't be surprised to see him managing the MFY if Gerardi goes to the Cubs.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/23952803/could-cal-ripken-jr-manage-nats-well-he-didnt-rule-it-out

I know he doesn't have a spot here with Buck likely here for the long term, but it would be tough to see him in another uniform.

No it wouldn't bother me at all. His connection to the O's is in the past. I think

some would be upset. What Cal does in his personal life is of no concern to me.

I think I am the "some."

You're certainly in that category. There was an article in the Washington Post a few days ago saying that Jayson Werth wants Cal to me the Nats' next manager. I was going to post the article but decided not to so you wouldn't have a stroke! ;)

My Orioles idol was the first Nats' manager, and they've just had Davey Johnson for two years, so why would I care if Cal managed them? It's not like they've got their own Hall if Famer who can manage the team, so let them keep borrowing ours!

I wouldn't care. Ever since the sorry Brooksie episode it's clear Cal is a Cal fan before he's an Orioles fan, He's part of the MSM culture. Wouldn't be surprised to see him managing the MFY if Gerardi goes to the Cubs.

If you guys ever drop that grudge, let us know. It seems pretty heavy and might roll around a bit, so we'll want to be on the lookout so that we can dodge it if need be.

Archived