It seems at least likely that Wieters gets traded.

weams

Unless a three way happened.

Dodgers get Wieters and Johnson

Texas gets Matt Kemp

Orioles get AJ Ellis, Profar, Billingsly and cash.

So we trade away Wieters and Jim Johnson and get back Ellis, Profar, Billingsley, and money? I'm gonna go ahead and say that's not happening. I don't think Wieters and Johnson gets you Profar alone.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we trade away Wieters and Jim Johnson and get back Ellis, Profar, Billingsley, and money? I'm gonna go ahead and say that's not happening. I don't think Wieters and Johnson gets you Profar alone.

No it may not. It might get you Andrus though.

I agree that this one would never happen. Even though it wouldn't make sense with or without the cash, I definitely can't at all figure out how in this scenario Baltimore would be the team getting the cash.

Wieters and Johnson aren't getting the Orioles Profar. Matt Kemp is getting the Orioles Profar. Wieters and Johnson get you AJ Ellis and Billingsly plus some cash to cover Billingsly, since he's a pretty expensive risk. LA could toss Texas cash to cover a portion of Kemps.

Wieters and Johnson aren't getting the Orioles Profar. Matt Kemp is getting the Orioles Profar. Wieters and Johnson get you AJ Ellis and Billingsly plus some cash to cover Billingsly, since he's a pretty expensive risk. LA could toss Texas cash to cover a portion of Kemps.

Ummm... Is Kemp a donation by the Dodgers? You aren't accounting for him. And yes, in your proposal the Orioles would be getting Profar plus 2 Dodger players plus cash in exchange for JJ and Wieters. We would all be very happy if this deal could be made, but it can't.

Ummm... Is Kemp a donation by the Dodgers? You aren't accounting for him. And yes, in your proposal the Orioles would be getting Profar plus 2 Dodger players plus cash in exchange for JJ and Wieters. We would all be very happy if this deal could be made, but it can't.

There could be more involved. That was just a basic suggestion. A deal like that can happen. It won't. This FO isn't creative enough or willing to do a move like that. There happy keeping who they have. Reimold can give you the same production as Beltran when healthy..yada yada.

There could be more involved. That was just a basic suggestion. A deal like that can happen. It won't. This FO isn't creative enough or willing to do a move like that. There happy keeping who they have. Reimold can give you the same production as Beltran when healthy..yada yada.

Instead of blaming the FO's creativity, maybe you should look at your unrealistic expectations for this trade.

It's like me saying the FO is being lazy and uncreative for not working out a way to get Mike Trout for Davis.

Instead of blaming the FO's creativity, maybe you should look at your unrealistic expectations for this trade.

It's like me saying the FO is being lazy and uncreative for not working out a way to get Mike Trout for Davis.

I don't have to lower my expectations or be realistic. I'm not the GM of the team nor do I pretend to be one or smarter than one on a message board. If that was the case I'd be working in a FO somewhere instead of here talking about unrealistic trade ideas. Which is basically all orioles fans have. Unrealistic ideas to discuss. Other than that, what's the point really.

I don't have to lower my expectations or be realistic. I'm not the GM of the team nor do I pretend to be one or smarter than one on a message board. If that was the case I'd be working in a FO somewhere instead of here talking about unrealistic trade ideas. Which is basically all orioles fans have. Unrealistic ideas to discuss. Other than that, what's the point really.

Good point. Why have intelligent conversations, and be informed, when you can just go on crying about how something completely unrealistic doesn't happen. Learning is for nerds.

Willful ignorance, that's the ticket!!

Good point. Why have intelligent conversations, and be informed, when you can just go on crying about how something completely unrealistic doesn't happen. Learning is for nerds.

I'm so glad to have those like you to point out the ignorance of my ways. Yes, lets have 15 page threads talking about getting a potential TOR type starter for 1 year of JJ Hardy. Thats so much more realistic. As for intellegent conversation, all that usually consists of is a mines bigger than yours contest. Kind of like calling someone a crybaby on a message board.

[video=youtube;esEcwAWi6dk]

Archived