Orioles Listening to Offers on Jim Johnson

weams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because some of the fans here, don't want him, doesn't mean he doesn't have value to other teams in need of a closer.

One can hope that many teams will be lining up to pay a guy with mediocre peripherals 10 million dollars and hand us over some prosppects as well. 50 saves baby !!!

No team is trading for Jim Johnson folks.
If that was truly true, then there would be no need for DD to listen to offers.
Has he received any offers?
This almost guarantees he's traded tomorrow. :rofl:

We can believe anything we want here. The facts are that some Major League GMs still value a solid ninth inning.

Jim Johnson has some value. Especially to a team with a higher payroll budget. Possibly a team that has failed in the playoffs because of their lack of attention to late relief.

One can hope that many teams will be lining up to pay a guy with mediocre peripherals 10 million dollars and hand us over some prosppects as well. 50 saves baby !!!

It's not prospects you get back for Jim in my opinion. It is someone of value that has a contract as well. Like a Porcello. Not necessarily him, but that type of player.

It's not prospects you get back for Jim in my opinion. It is someone of value that has a contract as well. Like a Porcello. Not necessarily him, but that type of player.

Maybe, I just don't see much coming back for him. I hope I'm wrong. Angels are looking for pitching and they are stupid with their money. They are looking to move Trumbo. Not that I'm crazy about Trumbo but he might make a decent DH for us and he's not expensive. I'm sure we'd have to get in more.

Maybe, I just don't see much coming back for him. I hope I'm wrong. Angels are looking for pitching and they are stupid with their money. They are looking to move Trumbo. Not that I'm crazy about Trumbo but he migght make a decent DH for us and he's not expensive. I'm sure we'd have to get in more.

Well, the cool thing is that we have up until the day before his arbitration hearing to swing a deal. Things change from now until then.

Well, the cool thing is that we have up until the day before his arbitration hearing to swing a deal. Things change from now until then.

Or -

March 26 -- Last day to request unconditional release waivers on a player without having to pay his full 2014 salary

I don't think anyone will trade for him before arb figures are exchanged. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded him like they did Guthrie, to a team who's offer he accepted.

Archived