Orioles Listening to Offers on Jim Johnson

weams

Sure he has "some" value but it isn't much.

JJ at 6m has some value, at 10m it is negligible especially with the closer market right now.

We got someone to take Guthrie at 8 million a year. Someone will pay JJ 10 million. We don't have to worry about other team's misjudgements of JJ's value.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neftali Feliz, Tanner Scheppers, Joakim Soria Alexi Ogando

Al Alburquerque, Bruce Rondon, Drew Smyly Phil Coke

Cody Allen, Vinnie Pestano, Bryan Shaw Justin Masterson

Pedro Strop Blake Parker James Russell Daniel Bard

Weams, what are these names referencing exactly? I think I'm missing the complete correlation.

Just throwing it out since they are on the above list, but Masterson and Ogando are exactly whom I would love the O's to obtain because at least in my head they would not be as costly as some other trade options. Ogando has high ceiling.

I wonder if Cleve would be interested in a Mike Wright, Brian Matusz/or Britton for Masterson considering they are going to have to resign him next year. Maybe not, but I do think Masterson is obtainable ata reasonable price, and could be extended reasonably. Not an ace but a guy that would certainly help and has pitched in e AL.

Weams, what are these names referencing exactly? I think I'm missing the complete correlation.

Just throwing it out since they are on the above list, but Masterson and Ogando are exactly whom I would love the O's to obtain because at least in my head they would not be as costly as some other trade options. Ogando has high ceiling.

I wonder if Cleve would be interested in a Mike Wright, Brian Matusz/or Britton for Masterson considering they are going to have to resign him next year. Maybe not, but I do think Masterson is obtainable ata reasonable price, and could be extended reasonably. Not an ace but a guy that would certainly help and has pitched in e AL.

Those are closer depth charts for four teams.

Last I checked Masterson was getting lit up in winter league ball.

That isn't a good thing.

Is this bizarro world? There's only one Masterson that I know of in baseball and that's Justin Masterson, starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, who's made a minimum of 29 starts the last 4 years. Any list that he has on a depth chart of closers is a very strange list. It would also be strange to see an American, veteran pitcher of his quality pitching winter ball. But I had to check. He isn't. Strange conversation.

I am assuming that is why Cleveland is a good place to shop a closer.

Is this bizarro world? There's only one Masterson that I know of in baseball and that's Justin Masterson, starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, who's made a minimum of 29 starts the last 4 years. Any list that he has on a depth chart of closers is a very strange list. It would also be strange to see an American, veteran pitcher of his quality pitching winter ball. But I had to check. He isn't. Strange conversation.

I blame just waking up.

I had a neuron misfire and substituted Bard for Masterson.

Should have finished the first cup of coffee before posting.

Archived