Predict the Opening Day Lineup!

Aglets

only 4 more days and counting!

Here's how I see it shaking out. Note, this is not how i WANT it to look necessarily, this is simply how I predict Buck will do it.

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Matt Wieters C

Delmon Young - DH

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

Steve Lombardozzi - 2B

vs. Jon Lester, LHP

So.......tell me where I'm wrong. Also, what would you do differently?

I think if I was king I would start the season with Schoop.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's how I see it shaking out. Note, this is not how i WANT it to look necessarily, this is simply how I predict Buck will do it.

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Matt Wieters C

Delmon Young - DH

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

Steve Lombardozzi - 2B

vs. Jon Lester, LHP

Good projection for what Buck is going to do.

With the large "*"

Depending on what other moves Duke has up his sleeves. :)

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Matt Wieters C

Delmon Young - DH

Steve Lombardozzi - 3B

Jonathan Schoop- 2B

Also, I think Hardy is a mistake to use in the 2 hole.........but oh well. Delmon Young has a career OBP over .340 against Lefties.
Delmon Young v Lester .256 OBP .462 OPS; Hardy, .321 OBP .840 OPS. Jones might be the best bet for the #2 hole . .393 OBP v Lester. Who knew?

I don't like Hardy in the 2 spot. I noticed AJ batted there a couple times this spring, but might put Schoop there if he makes the team. Also DH could be Pearce instead of Young but they are basically interchangeable.

With Schoop:

Markakis RF

Schoop 2B

AJ CF

CD 1B

Cruz LF

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Pearce DH

Flaherty 3B

Without Schoop:

Markakis RF

AJ CF

CD 1B

Cruz LF

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Pearce DH

Flaherty 3B

Lombardozzi 2B

I don't like Hardy in the 2 spot. I noticed AJ batted there a couple times this spring, but might put Schoop there if he makes the team. Also DH could be Pearce instead of Young but they are basically interchangeable.

With Schoop:

Markakis RF

Schoop 2B

AJ CF

CD 1B

Cruz LF

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Pearce DH

Flaherty 3B

Without Schoop:

Markakis RF

AJ CF

CD 1B

Cruz LF

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Pearce DH

Flaherty 3B

Lombardozzi 2B

So match ups with the specific SP mean nothing to you? If they did you'd bat both Jones and Hardy #2 over Schoop.

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Matt Wieters C

Delmon Young - DH

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

Steve Lombardozzi - 2B

vs. Jon Lester, LHP

I'm still holding out hope that Schoop will crack the OD roster, so I'd have him in the No. 9 spot instead of Lombardozzi. But I think you're dead one with the first eight.

Markakis

Schoop - 2b

AJ

Davis

Cruz - LF

Wieters

Young - DH

Hardy

Lombardozzi - 3b

I'm really torn on who to put at 2nd and 3rd actually. Lombardozzi has a lot more experience there than Shcoop, and MI defense is important to our team philosophy. I could just as easily see Schoop and Lombo flip flopped.

Markakis

Schoop - 2b

AJ

Davis

Cruz - LF

Wieters

Young - DH

Hardy

Lombardozzi - 3b

I'm really torn on who to put at 2nd and 3rd actually. Lombardozzi has a lot more experience there than Shcoop, and MI defense is important to our team philosophy. I could just as easily see Schoop and Lombo flip flopped.

Schoop has never faced Lester(neither has Lombo) but has looked good early in ST against a lot of AAAA SP, so you'd bat them over Jones and Hardy who actually have good numbers v Lester, because why?

Schoop has never faced Lester(neither has Lombo) but has looked good early in ST against a lot of AAAA SP, so you'd bat them over Jones and Hardy who actually have good numbers v Lester, because why?

What do you mean "over"? Schoop is in the 2 hole because Buck has a history of putting young, promising hitters there for protection, and Lombardozzi is batting 9th (behind Hardy) because he's the weakest hitter in the lineup, and there's no other logical spot to put him. I have no idea what you mean.

What do you mean "over"? Schoop is in the 2 hole because Buck has a history of putting young, promising hitters there for protection, and Lombardozzi is batting 9th (behind Hardy) because he's the weakest hitter in the lineup, and there's no other logical spot to put him. I have no idea what you mean.
If by history you mean batting Manny #2, then Buck also has as much history batting Hardy there, and also has a history of going with matchups as well. I don't think you know what you mean

Archived