Anyone Going to Norfolk Exhibition on Saturday?

Rene88

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are going to skip driving 3 hours plus one way for a game that will likely be washed out. Tickets were $25 each em excluding fees. Super pissed the way this was handled given the terrible forecast. They just want people to visit their town which is fine, but meanwhile our money is gone. Frustrating. End rant:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are going to skip driving 3 hours plus one way for a game that will likely be washed out. Tickets were $25 each em excluding fees. Super pissed the way this was handled given the terrible forecast. They just want people to visit their town which is fine, but meanwhile our money is gone. Frustrating. End rant:)

I'm shocked they haven't called this game. Poured down all night in Norfolk, raining right now, and should be raining thru 8pm. I see no way they play a game but I guess theres a lot of money at stake.

I'm shocked they haven't called this game. Poured down all night in Norfolk, raining right now, and should be raining thru 8pm. I see no way they play a game but I guess theres a lot of money at stake.

Because they don't want to refund!!! Fired up:) never again....Just wasted $75, oh well.

Because they don't want to refund!!! Fired up:) never again....Just wasted $75, oh well.

I have a feeling it eventually gets canceled. I realize its a lto of money on the line for Norfolk but I can't imagine DD and Buck would allow the game to be played in such bad conditions. I suspect they try to work out some for the crowd on the field if theres a break in rain but not actually play the game.

I plan on going. The scare of rain got me off work, but where I am, 25mins from the stadium, ive hardly had a drop. Radar seems to be patchy. If its like it is here, theyll get it in. Im trying for it anyways. Missed the game last year.

Scratch that. Bottom just fell out, with pretty good gusts too.

And shockingly....it's pouring down raining there. Glad We didn't go down but I am sure my $ is gone! Very unhappy, money gone and ALL forecasts were calling for a wash out. It's nice to show up and sign autographs but what about the fans coming from so far away?

And shockingly....it's pouring down raining there. Glad We didn't go down but I am sure my $ is gone! Very unhappy, money gone and ALL forecasts were calling for a wash out. It's nice to show up and sign autographs but what about the fans coming from so far away?

Stop crying and have a beer.

Well it was cool to see the Orioles on the Tides field but the game wasn't very well received. The O's did play their starters but with the bad conditions left each pitcher on about a 5 batter an inning limit. After 5 batters hit the teams would simply switch sides.

This lead to a TON of boos as the crowd realized they were just trying to get thru 5 innings to get the game official as to not have to give refunds.

As I said earlier I understand the health of the players but this game was a total and utter money grab. The Tides came off looking bad in this one as it was very clear they didn't want to lose that gate.

Well it was cool to see the Orioles on the Tides field but the game wasn't very well received. The O's did play their starters but with the bad conditions left each pitcher on about a 5 batter an inning limit. After 5 batters hit the teams would simply switch sides.

This lead to a TON of boos as the crowd realized they were just trying to get thru 5 innings to get the game official as to not have to give refunds.

As I said earlier I understand the health of the players but this game was a total and utter money grab. The Tides came off looking bad in this one as it was very clear they didn't want to lose that gate.

Wow, so if it was 2 outs and 2 on and someone walked to load the bases, they would just call it a scoreless inning and go on to the next one?

Man, that is lame.

Archived