Lurking: Ryan Flaherty?

Frobby

Wasn't blaming CD for the loss or ANY loss. I never blame one payer/manager for a lose.

Players may effect a game drastically due to one.play, but would never put the blame solely on one guys shoulders.

I was just proving a point that it's more than ones fault and if you want to place blame that there were others who produced far less than the ones being blamed.

Im just tired of seeing the same guys get blamed every time we lose.

We lost 4-6 " Flaherty isnt a good enough hitter.

We lose 12-14 " oh, Buck made two bad calls (based on personal opinion), he needs to go".

It's getting as old as umps missing obvious calls.

And nowhere did I say CD needs to produce EVERY game. So your exaggeration is a little.overboard.

What I said was in tight games where tje Os fail to overcome mistakes and.lose, we should be looking at guys like Jones and Davis. Guys who we should be relying on to get the job done.

The only reason I didnt bring up Jones is because he jad a failry good offensive game. Whereas CD was almost non-exsistent.

And yet you wrote earlier in the thread:

"Chris Davis was the biggest disappointment in the game.

He had multiple chances to step up and be the man. He is one of the ones we should be able to count on, not Lough or Flaherty.

He struckout one AB which made CLE able to.walk Cruz with a open base. And another AB ground into a DP which ended the inning.

If you want to.blame anyone.for a lack of production or anything else. Blame the one who we should be able to rely on to come up big. He is going to get a.HUGE contract, but isnt too clutch."

Sounds to me like you wanted to blame Davis.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had multiple chances to step up and be the man. He is one of the ones we should be able to count on, not Lough or Flaherty.

He struckout one AB which made CLE able to.walk Cruz with a open base. And another AB ground into a DP which ended the inning.

If you want to.blame anyone.for a lack of production or anything else. Blame the one who we should be able to rely on to come up big. He is going to get a.HUGE contract, but isnt too clutch."

Everyone here seems to be in a bad mood after watching that game last night. I would rather lose 13-0 than suffer a loss like that one, where every AB or play in the field made a difference and there was more than enough poor performances by the Orioles all the way around to spread blame, including the manager.

Since I didn't reference your post, it's interesting that you seem to take my general comments personally.

Considering you used what I said in your post about "what is a joke". Abs then went on to talk about how if CD didn't drive in a run every gave, sarcastically, makes me feel it was directed to me.

I didn't see any other posts about CD until mine, then you task about what I said. The first part of your post was definitelY directed towards me. Don't say it wasn't.

Maybe it was directed towards me, but you used my opinion to make your post.

Read my post again.

I clearly stated my reasoning behind my CD post was to point out there were guys who played last night that played a worse game than Flaherty or Lough.

I said if you want to blame someone he would be more suitable to fit that bill. not Flaherty or Lough.

Everyone here seems to be in a bad mood after watching that game last night. I would rather lose 13-0 than suffer a loss like that one, where every AB or play in the field made a difference and there was more than enough poor performances by the Orioles all the way around to spread blame, including the manager.

I always disappointed with a loss. What makes me mad is guys want to bash Flaherty over and over and over.

First he couldn't hit. Then he hits a Three run bomb to give the team a late lead, yet people quickly forget he is the one who got us in that position(taking away the errors by the tribe) and start saying his glove sucks.

No one can ever be happy.

Flaherty could go four for four his next game and there will be ppl saying "his four hits were meatballs". Ppl are always going to bash him when they should be cheering him on. That's what, if anything, makes me mad.

I always disappointed with a loss. What makes me mad is guys want to bash Flaherty over and over and over.

First he couldn't hit. Then he hits a Three run bomb to give the team a late lead, yet people quickly forget he is the one who got us in that position(taking away the errors by the tribe) and start saying his glove sucks.

No one can ever be happy.

Flaherty could go four for four his next game and there will be ppl saying "his four hits were meatballs". Ppl are always going to bash him when they should be cheering him on. That's what, if anything, makes me mad.

Well to be honest, he is very erratic and inconsistent all the way around in his game. His bunting attempts were among the worst I have ever seen by a major leaguer in that game...

Yeah, he threw that pitch right in that guy's wheel house also and he jumped on it.

You do realize that Oday has given up 19 homers to lefties in 440 ABs versus 13 homers in 752 ABs against righties. Lefties are hitting .292 off ODay versus .179 against righties. In 2013 lefties hit .309 against ODay and 5 homers in 81 ABs and .154 and 3 homers in 152 ABs against righties. The numbers dont lie and the numbers conclude that ODay isnt very good agaisnt lefties.

No Buck didnt throw the pitch but I dont know why he left ODay in to face a lefty.

You do realize that Oday has given up 19 homers to lefties in 440 ABs versus 13 homers in 752 ABs against righties. Lefties are hitting .292 off ODay versus .179 against righties. In 2013 lefties hit .309 against ODay and 5 homers in 81 ABs and .154 and 3 homers in 152 ABs against righties. The numbers dont lie and the numbers conclude that ODay isnt very good agaisnt lefties.

No Buck didnt throw the pitch but I dont know why he left ODay in to face a lefty.

HEY, I AGREE with you buddy! Boneheaded move by Buck. He had a very bad game as well.

Well to be honest, he is very erratic and inconsistent all the way around in his game. His bunting attempts were among the worst I have ever seen by a major leaguer in that game...

To be fair. Have you watched all Os games?

I could be wrong but I believe Jackie Bradley tried bunting against us one game that was worse than Ryans attempts. And you would think Jackie would be better sutures to accomplish it considering everyone on here tasks about Flaherty was a hitter who had pop n didn't rely on speed abd infield hits. Therefore he might not be accustomed to Bunting.

Idc how good or bad a bunter is, when you have a guy bunt with two strikes, you're asking for a out. And wether it was Flaherty decision or bucks it was dumb.

But just think, if he never hit aHR, he wouldn't have been asked to bunt.

It's stupid to have a guy who had two hits in that game with a homer to bunt in the first place. But that didn't mean id put the blame on him or buck for the lose due to a lack of a bunt.

To be fair. Have you watched all Os games?

I could be wrong but I believe Jackie Bradley tried bunting against us one game that was worse than Ryans attempts. And you would think Jackie would be better sutures to accomplish it considering everyone on here tasks about Flaherty was a hitter who had pop n didn't rely on speed abd infield hits. Therefore he might not be accustomed to Bunting.

Idc how good or bad a bunter is, when you have a guy bunt with two strikes, you're asking for a out. And wether it was Flaherty decision or bucks it was dumb.

But just think, if he never hit aHR, he wouldn't have been asked to bunt.

It's stupid to have a guy who had two hits in that game with a homer to bunt in the first place. But that didn't mean id put the blame on him or buck for the lose due to a lack of a bunt.

I said "among" the worst. I didn't say THE worst I have ever seen. I don't get your comment that he he never hit a HR he wouldn't have been asked to bunt. That doesn't make sense at all to me??:confused:

I said "among" the worst. I didn't say THE worst I have ever seen. I don't get your comment that he he never hit a HR he wouldn't have been asked to bunt. That doesn't make sense at all to me??:confused:

If he didnt hit the HR we prolly dont go to extras. So he wouldnt have been in the position to have that at bat let alone bunt it.

Archived