Lurking: Ryan Flaherty?

Frobby

After 2012 and 2013 did anyone expect him to come out of the gates hitting?

They hang with him for another 150 at bats he will get on a hot streak and everyone will want to sign him to a long term deal.

Yeah, I've never understood this.. He is highly streaky and has 10 games of hitting and everybody thinks he's perfect to be a everyday player. Flaherty is and was always a bench utility guy.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After 2012 and 2013 did anyone expect him to come out of the gates hitting?

They hang with him for another 150 at bats he will get on a hot streak and everyone will want to sign him to a long term deal.

A quality starter shouldn't need 150 at bats to get going, save for a couple of established sluggers like an Aramis Ramirez or Pedro Alvarez type, that usually start out slow. And him "getting going" will ultimately have Flaherty peak as a .230 hitter. His defense isn't worth it.

I've said it for a while now.. Flaherty is a bench player or an everyday AAA player.

That's not fair. He has a GREAT glove everywhere and can hit now and them. He is a really good utility player Unless things change real fast here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not fair. He has a GREAT glove everywhere and can hit now and them. He is a really good utility player Unless things change real fast here.

Please give evidence supporting your claim that he has a great glove in the outfield.

It is fair. A "great" glove and no offense is a bench guy.

Please give evidence supporting your claim that he has a great glove in the outfield.

He can play there at least..same with catcher. I know he looks real bad but let's not go too far now. He is a major leaguer without question.

He can play there at least..same with catcher. I know he looks real bad but let's not go too far now. He is a major leaguer without question.

Then say he has a great (I would go with very good) glove in the infield and can play the outfield if needed to.

No reason to embellish his resume.

Too far? Nobody is calling for him to be released. Rather they are saying he's not a major leaguer. Not even close to it. He barely hits above the Mendoza. You can't justify wasting a roster spot with a streaky player who chokes at the plate 8/10 ABs when he's playing 70 plus games a season.

Too far? Nobody is calling for him to be released. Rather they are saying he's not a major leaguer. Not even close to it. He barely hits above the Mendoza. You can't justify wasting a roster spot with a streaky player who chokes at the plate 8/10 ABs when he's playing 70 plus games a season.

Who's fault is that? Ryan's? It's Buck. He has Pearce just sitting on the bench..like last night....

Who's fault is that? Ryan's? It's Buck. He has Pearce just sitting on the bench..like last night....

So now it's Buck's fault for piss poor batting by Flaherty? Buck is loyal to players but Flaherty is hanging himself by himself. When Manny is back, Flaherty needs to go.

So now it's Buck's fault for piss poor batting by Flaherty? Buck is loyal to players but Flaherty is hanging himself by himself. When Manny is back, Flaherty needs to go.

Whatever man....

Archived