2014 Baseball Gif Thread

Can_of_corn

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Additionally, you can hover over the user name you want to ignore and a box pops up. The last button on the right at the bottom is the ignore button, click that and check all three boxes and you're done. Source: I'm a professional ignorer.
    • We have threads asking for Kremer, Grayson, and Povich in the closer role. Can we acknowledge that Cano is the pretty obvious next man up if Kimbrel is removed at some point? I don’t really care about his 9th inning splits. He’s our best reliever and until he gets a chance and fails I’m going to assume that’s just noise and he’ll do the best job. Tonight makes nine straight appearances with either a Save or Hold. Overall he has held a lead 10 times in 11 chances, and the one miss was a bad outing but still nearly a SV if not for Gunnar’s walk-off throwing error. 
    • McKenna was finally beginning to grow on me after years of my derision. He's done a few good things offensively. But I think he wouldn't  start for another team in the American League. I would DFA him(they won't) and bring up Hays in LF, Cowser in CF for a while, and Santander in RF. I still think if they give Kjerstad enough at bats, and not just coming off the bench as a PH, he will hit and hit for power....I dont like him getting 4 at bats a week... I think he needs to play. Mullins needs to sit for a few games.He simply cant track the ball all of a sudden.Its almost hard to watch. Maybe he's hurting.
    • Second game in a row he couldn't get 3 outs. I don't understand how anyone would think he's fine right now, or "he just does this". It's not sustainable to keep running him out there and giving up HRs and walking the yard and expecting another reliever to have to come in and bail him out. If he's the plan for the 9th in close games, they're in trouble.
    • McKenna was terrible tonight. Way too frequently when he gets put into the game as a defensive replacement going back to last season, he looks like he's never played the outfield before. Santander would have thrown out the runner at plate easily, and Santander doesn't take bad routes in the outfield (McKenna consistently does so). Hyde can't make the mistake of bringing in McKenna to replace Santander in RF for "defense" again, but Hyde definitely will while McKenna is still on the roster. It's frustrating that both Elias and Hyde refuse to recognize that benching Mullins against lefties, sliding Cowser over to CF, and playing Kjerstad in LF not only makes the team better, but also gives Heston the best opportunity to get playing time. Elias and Hyde have handled Kjerstad's playing time extremely poorly. Elias's infatuation with McKenna is ridiculous. He's a bad baseball player that no other team's decision-makers value. Except for Elias and Hyde.
    • And remember , Kimbrel hasn't been facing the 27' Yankees. Mostly pretty soft batters. Eddie Rosario HR? Really? Eddie Rosario?
    • He fades later in the season usually, We saw him last year in LA...he had a good run EARLY, but faded...Hes fading already. He'll be 36 in two weeks...He's pitching on bald treads.Fumes.
  • Popular Contributors