Are we too plodding?

baltfan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Daly's swing in slo-mo is worth the price of admission! Not athletic, a work of art. Perfection.

Watch that little part 50 times like I did. Watch his head. It's like it's anchored with steel girders. Never moves a millimeter while all hell is breaking loose with the rest of his body! Hard to believe.

Watch that little part 50 times like I did. Watch his head. It's like it's anchored with steel girders. Never moves a millimeter while all hell is breaking loose with the rest of his body! Hard to believe.

Watch this. ATHLETE with a belly!

[video=youtube;R0kOjCfhf4o]

"Ha ha, stolen bases are so overrated. How can you be so stupid!"

These reactions are predictable and boring. As someone mentioned, the Oiroles ran under Weaver. From 68-82 they were fourth in baseball in stolen bases. Earl always had guys that could run at least some from Blair, to Bumbry, to Grich, Belanger, and even Lowenstein. What team did Reggie Jackson set his single season steals record of 27? The Orioles, that's right.

This isn't about stealing a ton of bases. It is about having some flexibility when you need it. Did you know that Weaver once bunted twice in a row in a single inning in the playoffs? Sometimes the three run homer isn't coming and you have to try something a bit different.

I hope Lough will be a 25sb guy. But he stole 5 last year and is 28. Look at the Red Sox or even the Yankees. They take pitches better and also are a bit more dynamic offenses. I hope we can just slug our way through it. But I am a little concerned.

Team speed and team athleticism always confuses me in baseball. Yes, it's way cooler to not be fat, but baseball doesn't care. Baseball is not an athletic thing.

If you want to watch athletes go watch basketball or boxing.

As a baseball player, I take offense to this. Baseball is absolutely an athletic thing. Fat people can get away with playing it sometimes because they can hit the ball a mile. It's why fat guys are usually stuck DHing or playing first. Look at Jacoby Ellsbury. Coco Crisp. David Lough. Heck even a guy like Matt Wieters. Athletes.

Team speed and team athleticism always confuses me in baseball. Yes, it's way cooler to not be fat, but baseball doesn't care. Baseball is not an athletic thing.

If you want to watch athletes go watch basketball or boxing.

I would actually pay good money to be able to watch you tell Brady Anderson that baseball is not athletic. The look of disbelief on Brady's face would be priceless.

"Ha ha, stolen bases are so overrated. How can you be so stupid!"

These reactions are predictable and boring. As someone mentioned, the Oiroles ran under Weaver. From 68-82 they were fourth in baseball in stolen bases. Earl always had guys that could run at least some from Blair, to Bumbry, to Grich, Belanger, and even Lowenstein. What team did Reggie Jackson set his single season steals record of 27? The Orioles, that's right.

This isn't about stealing a ton of bases. It is about having some flexibility when you need it. Did you know that Weaver once bunted twice in a row in a single inning in the playoffs? Sometimes the three run homer isn't coming and you have to try something a bit different.

I hope Lough will be a 25sb guy. But he stole 5 last year and is 28. Look at the Red Sox or even the Yankees. They take pitches better and also are a bit more dynamic offenses. I hope we can just slug our way through it. But I am a little concerned.

The reactions were because the premise of changing this team from a powerful AL East force to a speedy young AAAA team like Houston is not something most people here would like to see happen.

I invite you to watch this video and tell us that none of these guys are athletes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6unOpTa_HU

God forbid something happens to these guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't lose weight in their 40s they literally die. Like Reggie White.

The average NFL player has a life expectancy of 55. And that is including the WR's, DB's, Safeties.

You think it's cool that there guys can move around a little at over 300 pounds? Fine, but if they don't do something they will die.

I don't have a problem with small ball if you have the players to execute it. The OP points out that we are lacking in that area, and I agree. I'm not saying that it's absolutely necessary, but it does add a dimension that any manager would like to have at their disposal, especially in 1 run or close ball games.

God forbid something happens to these guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't lose weight in their 40s they literally die. Like Reggie White.

The average NFL player has a life expectancy of 55. And that is including the WR's, DB's, Safeties.

You think it's cool that there guys can move around a little at over 300 pounds? Fine, but if they don't do something they will die.

You know everyone says dumb things every now and then, but it is a rare talent to prove it was not an accident with every post.

Archived