oldbird

o

BALTIMORE ORIOLES,)OOOOOOOOOOoo... 61-45 OOOll.)o - -

TORONTO BLUE JAYS o)lOOOOOOOOOOo.. 61-47 OOOOo..l 1.0

BOSTON RED SOX OOOOOOOOOOOOOO..ooo, 58-48 OOOo)..o 3.0

NEW YORK YANKEES l)oOOOOOOOOOOool)) 54-53 OO...lllllll 7.5

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS ......ll)oo)OO) 43-63 OOOOO).l 18

o

Toronto is playing some good ball. They've been on a tear since the All-star break. Good starting pitching has led this winning pattern. They are primed to compete for the division, I'm afraid. I'm not so sure Boston will be hanging around much longer. I sense they may slide back a bit.

Boston's still probably the most all-around talented team in the East. They're going to be there 'til the end, too. It's going to be a war.

With Detroit starting to catch fire and the Astros lingering, there's no guarantee that whomever loses the East is going to have a spot in the WC game. O's have to really start to roll, here.

I think the way to look at it is to get to or beat a target number. Does 93 win division? Let's say it does. Just get to that win total and it doesn't matter what other teams do

93 wins took the AL east all of once in the last 15 years......last year when Toronto won 93.

95-97 wins has won it 9 out of the last 11 years. The only exceptions being the aforementioned Blue Jays of 2015, and the Yankees of 2009 who did it with 103 wins.

93 wins took the AL east all of once in the last 15 years......last year when Toronto won 93.

95-97 wins has won it 9 out of the last 11 years. The only exceptions being the aforementioned Blue Jays of 2015, and the Yankees of 2009 who did it with 103 wins.

Interesting and good stats, but I just don't see the W total getting there this season. You have too many head to head in a 3 horse race. In the past it's generally been a 1 horse or 2 horse race if I'm remembering correctly.