vs. RED SOX, 4/03

Orioles2012

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I  regret to hear news on Wells and Means setbacks.  I like Means because Orioles drafted and developed him .  He will be free agent this fall , should Orioles tender him or let him walk ? As for Wells, he has the stuff but durability is his drawback . Every season Orioles slotted him in starting rotation, then he gets put on IL this season, 2023 and 2022 seasons also .  When Wells returns next season  , they should slot him in bullpen permanently  , JMO 
    • Yes and at one point was a higher rated prospect in their system than Aaron Judge. It took awhile with the bat but he was always an amazing athlete with the ability for defensive wizardry. 
    • Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
    • A good friend of mine coaches college baseball.  He’s studied and dedicated his career to understanding how humans move. Not all humans move the same way.  An incredible talent could potentially be taught to move against his body’s preference and fail.  New wave progressive coaches understand how various body types work and the nuance to teach/coach them effectively.  
  • Popular Contributors