vs. Blue Jays 4/12

weams

DAVID STEFAN "BUD" NORRIS O (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:. 7

H:o 5 (5 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 3

SO: 4

Pitches: 105 (66 Strikes, 39 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.75

PITCHES BY INNINGS

13 (10 Strikes, 31 Balls)

17 (12 Strikes, 51 Balls)

18 (10 Strikes, 81 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls)

91 (71 Strikes, 21 Balls)

21 (10 Strikes, 11 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost brain cells. :P

Well, I'll catch you up. McIlroy lost to a club member playing as a marker today, Bubba had issues with his distance control and put up a 74, Spieth has been steady and he'll be in the last group with Bubba manana. Lots of guys within 3-4 strokes but the course has been a SOB this year. I'm sure Tiger's kicking himself, it's there for the taking for sure.

What a ridiculously terrible call, hahahahaha.

Wowie.

It's the right call. Baseball rules... have fun reading:

If the ball touches the batter as the batter swings at the ball. This basically means that if the batter is swinging at the ball and the act of swinging has caused the ball to hit the batter, then the ball is a strike. Example: Batter swings and the ball hits him on the forearm as he's swinging. The ball is dead and it is a strike. If the hitter has two strikes, it is strike 3 not a foul ball. This isn't called often as most of the time the player will stop the swing and be hit by the ball. In that case most umpires will determine that the player is attempting to get out of the way by not continuing the swing. So, even though the act of swinging has caused the ball to hit the batter, the umpire may determine that player attempted to get out of the way and award the batter first base.

Well, I'll catch you up. McIlroy lost to a club member playing as a marker today, Bubba had issues with his distance control and put up a 74, Spieth has been steady and he'll be in the last group with Bubba manana. Lots of guys within 3-4 strokes but the course has been a SOB this year. I'm sure Tiger's kicking himself, it's there for the taking for sure.

At least I'll see the best day. :)

Just an awful call right there. Do we still have that bad calls thread up? That should go in there :laughlol:

If the ball touches the batter as the batter swings at the ball. This basically means that if the batter is swinging at the ball and the act of swinging has caused the ball to hit the batter, then the ball is a strike. Example: Batter swings and the ball hits him on the forearm as he's swinging. The ball is dead and it is a strike. If the hitter has two strikes, it is strike 3 not a foul ball. This isn't called often as most of the time the player will stop the swing and be hit by the ball. In that case most umpires will determine that the player is attempting to get out of the way by not continuing the swing. So, even though the act of swinging has caused the ball to hit the batter, the umpire may determine that player attempted to get out of the way and award the batter first base.

We should consider a team that's chasing, missing pitching, and first pitch swinging for every game so far this season. Also a team who's only had 1 good game and 3 good innings.

But hey what do I know.. O's haven't scored in 14 innings and our offense looks worse then the Astros last year.

If you think our offense is a less than .200 hitting offense, it sounds like you know very little.

Archived