vs. Blue Jays 4/12

weams

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His footwork was awkward, awkward, like Betemit. He made the play but he really is not very well prepared as a 3rd baseman.

He's not Manny and he's not going to be Manny. If we all cut him some slack he may turn out to be above average.

DREW HUTCHISON

IP:. 6

H:o 4 (4 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 2

SO: 5

Pitches: 102 (59 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.68

PITCHES BY INNINGS

21 (11 Strikes, 10 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

29 (18 Strikes, 11 Balls)

17 (81 Strikes, 91 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 11 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 71 Balls)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It would be easy for me to pick through all of the offseason bullpen transactions and find the ones who have worked out thus far and say I told you so. But that is not my point. My point is that we did nothing and have done that repeatedly for some time now. It is a great thing to be careful, cautious, and calculating, but at some point in action begins to cost you.
    • You’re willing to trade a blue chip guy for a RP? Who are you thinking? 
    • He doesn't walk many people, but he doesn't strike people out either and is HR prone. We have enough middling stuff in the pen right now, if he's the big move, it won't be enough.
    • I appreciate the statistics that you took the time to lay out from last year's WS TEX. If you believe that is the model for us to try to replicate, then all power to you. I just share a different opinion.  I am not of the hopeless/despair perspective, after all it's only entertainment and real life has far more significant things that can produce those emotions.  However, like you and all other Orioles fans, I would like to see the Orioles compete for and win a WS. And I don't think that we have the talent currently to get there. Our most serious competitor for the AL pennant is the Yankees. IMO we are very close in talent in terms of both Major League rosters. We have better position player depth and a much better minor league talent pool, but they have a far superior bullpen. IMO we should try to use our advantage (position player organizational talent) in order to improve on our weakness, the bullpen, for the purpose of better evening the odds (moving them yo our favor) in a short series against them in the Fall.
    • Seems in the ballpark. Rutschman had a .354 wOBA as a rookie, .352 last year, .352 this year despite the drop in walks.   Those are all very good figures, but I think Adley can be more of a .375 guy once he finds his happy place.
    • Just to close the loop on the ball that Mullins couldn't quite catch on Tuesday in St. Louis, Statcast rated it a 20% probability catch.
    • Thanks, new one for the favorites list.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now