No outrage over AJ's defense?!?!

Flacco Machado

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this won't go down well, but I still can't accept his one-hand catches (along with many other O's outfielders). I guess the instructors don't emphasize using two hands any more.

I saw no ability to get a second hand to that ball myself.

He was positioned differently to be able to cover the right center expanse. Because Cruz was there. Did not work out very well.

On the first ball hit over Jones' head, I thought he misjudged it and, as is his habit, he didn't go into top gear right away because he thought he didn't need to. It was a catchable ball if Jones judges it correctly and runs full out. The second one was not catchable.

On the first ball hit over Jones' head, I thought he misjudged it and, as is his habit, he didn't go into top gear right away because he thought he didn't need to. It was a catchable ball if Jones judges it correctly and runs full out. The second one was not catchable.

The bottom line is that year after year too many balls get over AJ's head and it runs down his range numbers. What you saw today was a blatantly obvious microcosm of that.

Buck said today that AJ has been a rock, and is one of the game's finest centerfielders.

And that is a fact. The sun for some reason plagues him during day games. But it happens. Just had a bad game. Jones is never hurt and basically is who he is at the plate. He also took a very team friendly deal to stay here. Notice that Hardy, Weiters and Davis wont do that.

Archived