Davis Up, Wieters to DL

Can_of_corn

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not. Unless he can play left field, which he can't.

Cruz plays left. Morales DH's. Cruz has already cemented himself as the LF anyway. If Wieters isn't around to DH then Morales can. Also, we need to replace Matt's bat.

Well if he is going to play LF we might as well sign Morales to DH and replace Matt's bat, if he's done for the season.

Agreed. Swap Morales for Young and keep Lough (or Pueguero) as the defensive replacement/4th outfielder.

Agreed. Swap Morales for Young and keep Lough (or Pueguero) as the defensive replacement/4th outfielder.

Yep. With Wieters healthy there is no spot for Morales. Without him however, there is a clear spot and need for him.

Well if he is going to play LF we might as well sign Morales to DH and replace Matt's bat, if he's done for the season.

My guess is that Morales will sign within a week after the draft, as soon as there is no compensation required.

We might not know if Matt is done for the season until July 1. A new left fielder is someone we need whether Wieters plays again this year or not. Plug him into left and make Cruz the DH. Hopefully, it would be someone who will play there next year as well.

My guess is that Morales will sign within a week after the draft, as soon as there is no compensation required.

We might not know if Matt is done for the season until July 1. A new left fielder is someone we need whether Wieters plays again this year or not. Plug him into left and make Cruz the DH. Hopefully, it would be someone who will play there next year as well.

Peguero?.........:scratchchinhmm:

So, who do you propose as our new left fielder who can both hit and field and what will his cost be?

So, who do you propose as our new left fielder who can both hit and field and what will his cost be?

I don't have anyone specific to propose. There are a lot of outfielders. We should be able to get one who is competent. Not great, mind you, but competent. Someone like David DeJesus, whom the Rays picked up at the deadline last year. Someone like that platooning with Pearce in LF would be fine for the rest of the season, with Cruz getting most of his work at DH.

See post above. He can't hit any worse than Lough. And costs even less.

Yeah. I don't think Peguero is the answer to be any everyday left fielder for us. He could hit as bad and will likely be worse in the field. If anything, he or Lough should be 4th outfielder choices at this point. Any other ideas?

I don't have anyone specific to propose. There are a lot of outfielders. We should be able to get one who is competent. Not great, mind you, but competent. Someone like David DeJesus, whom the Rays picked up at the deadline last year. Someone like that platooning with Pearce in LF would be fine for the rest of the season, with Cruz getting most of his work at DH.

Yeah, it's still May and pretty much every team thinks they're still in it. Not going to get somebdoy who can both hit and field that easy, even if it as platoon LHB guy. I think it's telling that you can't come up with one single name. On the other hand, Morales is out there, won't cost too much and and fits quite nicely as a LHB imo. Just use Lough/Peguero as the late inning defensive replacement for Cruz.

Yeah, it's still May and pretty much every team thinks they're still in it. Not going to get somebdoy who can both hit and field that easy, even if it as platoon LHB guy. I think it's telling that you can't come up with one single name. On the other hand, Morales is out there, won't cost too much and and fits quite nicely as a LHB imo. Just use Lough/Peguero as the late inning defensive replacement for Cruz.

The only telling thing about it is that it tells you I don't pay attention to other teams much at all.

Archived