Davis Up, Wieters to DL

Can_of_corn

The only telling thing about it is that it tells you I don't pay attention to other teams much at all.

I suppose that's why it's easy for you to throw out that we can get some generic good hitting and good fielding left fielder in mid May like it's a trip to the grocery store for a carton of milk.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. I don't think Peguero is the answer to be any everyday left fielder for us. He could hit as bad and will likely be worse in the field. If anything, he or Lough should be 4th outfielder choices at this point. Any other ideas?
He won't hit as poorly as Lough, no one can. He is not much of a defensive/base running down grade at all. I'd wait and see how he hits in Norfolk the next couple of weeks before I go trade for some one

He won't hit as poorly as Lough, no one can.

I didn't think Lough could hit as bad as Lough ...... and yet. He could still be very bad and I don't see how Peguero fits as a RHB that will certainly be exposed regularly to RHP.

He is not much of a defensive/base running down grade at all

How do you know this? By not much you are at least conceding some loss and I'm not seeing a great deal of upside on offense. He should be a 4th OF option.

We should be looking for a decent LH bat for LF or a DH (i.e. Morales).

Bad idea for both sides imo.

Good idea for the O's, terrible idea for Wieters. There is definite risk his bat bat reverts to career norms in which case he would prove he would only have elite value as a catcher. He would also be voluntarily giving up some degree (probably substantial) of production in his walk year.

Good idea for the O's, terrible idea for Wieters. There is definite risk his bat bat reverts to career norms in which case he would prove he would only have elite value as a catcher. He would also be voluntarily giving up some degree (probably substantial) of production in his walk year.

Having 700ish OPS and slow footed Wieters DH for the rest of the year doesn't sound like a good idea for the O's. I'd call his "bat reverting to career norms" more of a probability than a risk.

Having 700ish OPS and slow footed Wieters DH for the rest of the year doesn't sound like a good idea for the O's. I'd call his "bat reverting to career norms" more of a probability than a risk.

Buck doesn't appear ready to give Lough (who had a three win season last year) the same opportunity to get his bat started that he gives to Flaherty every season. So with Cruz in left field until he gets hurt it would be Wieters over Young and yes I think that, for the 2014 season, they would be better off with Wieters at DH everyday.

The guys on XMSirius talked today like Wieters will need surgery to catch again. They also talked of negotiating to keep his bat in the lineup as DH with Scott Boras.

A very stupid idea. Showalter said DH'ing would interrupt his treatment and rehab. I imagine it could also delay the elbow from healing. Rest means rest.

Buck doesn't appear ready to give Lough (who had a three win season last year) the same opportunity to get his bat started that he gives to Flaherty every season. So with Cruz in left field until he gets hurt it would be Wieters over Young and yes I think that, for the 2014 season, they would be better off with Wieters at DH everyday.

Yeah, rather sign Morales and/or look at getting a LH bat to play LF than go that route.

A very stupid idea. Showalter said DH'ing would interrupt his treatment and rehab. I imagine it could also delay the elbow from healing. Rest means rest.

They meant after the DL stint. If he is not healed, he is getting surgery.

Archived