Reimold Rising?

mdbdotcom

I know but I'm a sucker for a good historical reference even if the analogy is lacking.

Ok, no mas lol. I will admit calling him "scary in LF" may be a tad over the top :)

That said Pearce is a nice guy to plug in as I said before. Far as a starter, no thank you.

Cruz is a DH. Lough has shown very little, Pearce is not a starting LF, Reimold like usual has been unavailable. It feels like we go into every season concocting some platoon scenario for LF that inevitably does not work out all that well. The O's should only make a deal if it makes sense both now and in the long term, that said if the opportunity arises to get a corner OF at a price they are comfortable with they should pounce. Not shooting for the moon, would prefer to not see ERod, Bundy, KG or Harvey traded. A guy like Jon Jay or similar type would suit me fine for a couple years.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure you did, your right and the records are just wrong.

Whatever.

If someone has connections to Tettleton, they can ask him. And if he says no, then I guess I would be wrong. However, I am fairly certain it was with the Orioles and was the second game of a double header where he caught the other game or it was a switch where he went in as a PH and stayed in the game in LF. I do know that I also saw him playing left field multiple times for Detroit.

Not true. I saw him playing in LF for the O's. This just goes to show you cannot always trust written records. I guess you will attribute this to senility or something but, I am sure some other old timer will recall it as well and then, maybe you will believe it.

Yeah, the official records are wrong and your memory is correct.

If someone has connections to Tettleton, they can ask him. And if he says no, then I guess I would be wrong. However, I am fairly certain it was with the Orioles and was the second game of a double header where he caught the other game or it was a switch where he went in as a PH and stayed in the game in LF. I do know that I also saw him playing left field multiple times for Detroit.

You do know that these sites go through the actual box scores of old games to produce the information right?

Do you really think your memory is more accurate then those box scores?

Does that seem likely to you?

Or could you just be mistaken?

No...that is not, nor will it ever be, the way disputes are resolved on an internet message board (or life in general, for that matter). Maybe you're remembering a spring training game. Maybe you had a dream about Tettleton (I won't ask why), but your memory of a game that allegedly took place almost 25 years ago does not trump the record books.

He had to have neck surgery. That is a fact. Why take a

chance with your health. I didnt know i would be upsetting anyone for my opinion

of retirement. You're way too touchy about Nolan. You offended too easily.

Not touchy about Nolan. I just don't think you are qualified to give advice on the subject of retirement because you aren't a doctor and you have no specifics. Obviously, as a member of a major league team, Nolan has access to highly qualified medical experts who can give him qualified advice on whether to continue or not based on his specific medical situation. Also, if there was major risk of permanent damage, I doubt the Orioles would let him continue. Much like the Packers aren't letting Finley near the practice field. You made a statement of opinion that has no basis in fact. Own it and lets move on.

I checked his gamelogs for 1988-1990 on baseball-reference.com. They list multiple positions for a player who plays more than one in a single game, such as PH & LF. He did not play LF for the Orioles. Not even half a time.

No...that is not, nor will it ever be, the way disputes are resolved on an internet message board (or life in general, for that matter). Maybe you're remembering a spring training game. Maybe you had a dream about Tettleton (I won't ask why), but your memory of a game that allegedly took place almost 25 years ago does not trump the record books.

Right, I guess you also believe because its on the internet, it must be true?:rolleyestf:

Everything written down isn't always 100% fail proof. I have seen mistakes and retractions in my local newspaper several times a week. I see routine factual errors on the Baltimore Sun all the time.. it happens. I know what I saw. I also saw Boog Powell in LF and Frank Howard of the Senators and Yogi Berra of the Yankees. I also saw Mickey Mantle get hurt in a game at Memorial stadium (I was there) and he had to be carted off the field. I also saw Scott McGregor fan Reggie Jackson three times in a game (again I was there) at Memorial Stadium where Reggie swung so hard he fell down. I guess because that isn't in the record books it didn't happen?

I checked his gamelogs for 1988-1990 on baseball-reference.com. They list multiple positions for a player who plays more than one in a single game, such as PH & LF. He did not play LF for the Orioles. Not even half a time.

Question, if I can somehow get in touch with Tettleton and he said he indeed played at least a inning in LF with the Orioles would you say he was wrong or whoever makes up these web sites may have copied something down wrong?

Question, if I can somehow get in touch with Tettleton and he said he indeed played at least a inning in LF with the Orioles would you say he was wrong or whoever makes up these web sites may have copied something down wrong?

I'd say you made it up.

I'd say you made it up.

You are saying I made it up or he (Tettleton) made it up? I would concede I was wrong if Tetteton said so. I just don't believe every thing document is 100% correct. I agree, my memory may be wrong, but so could these internet records which are not infallible either.

Everything written down isn't always 100% fail proof.

That's a fair point. But wouldn't you have to agree that peoples memories aren't 100% fail proof as well? My personal opinion is you are mistaken but instead of just admitting that you are digging in and would like to have a debate about the impact of the technological singularity.

You are saying I made it up or he (Tettleton) made it up? I would concede I was wrong if Tetteton said so. I just don't believe every thing document is 100% correct. I agree, my memory may be wrong, but so could these internet records which are not infallible either.

What makes you think he would remember any better than you?

I'm older than you, and I remember certain things with perfect clarity, including some things that never happened.

What makes you think he would remember any better than you?

I'm older than you, and I remember certain things with perfect clarity, including some things that never happened.

Well, I believe he is younger than I am for starters:laughlol:and the fact he actually played the position (LF) which wasn't his primary position, which was a catcher or DH would seem to be more memorable to him than something not out of the ordinary. But you are right, maybe he has no recollection.

That's a fair point. But wouldn't you have to agree that peoples memories aren't 100% fail proof as well? My personal opinion is you are mistaken but instead of just admitting that you are digging in and would like to have a debate about the impact of the technological singularity.

Yes indeed as it is quite possible that I remember him playing LF against the Orioles as a Tiger. In fact, that is more likely now that I think about it. I do very clearly remember when I saw him there in LF I was surprised...

Archived