Reimold Rising?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nolan says he's feeling better than he has in years. He played LF this weekend and reportedly is hitting the ball hard. It shouldn't be too long now before he's out on a rehab assignment.

Fire away!

I think when a player has surgery on his neck then retirement seems the best

thing to do. You just never know. His health is the most important thing.

You never know. I'll always root for this guy. No one hustles down the line like him. His first month at Norfolk way back when is one of the best months anyone, especially an Oriole prospect, has ever had in AAA. AND he crushed his first ML homerun off of Mariano Rivera to dead CF.

And he got hurt diving into the stands to catch a ball, while on the best hot streak of his MLB career.

And he got hurt diving into the stands to catch a ball, while on the best hot streak of his MLB career.

Both of his injuries have been severe. First, the torn Achilles tendon and then the neck injury. Who knows what percentage of his old self he can return to? But, he was such a gifted hitter and he's worked so hard to come back, you have to pull for the guy.

I would love if Nolan could somehow contribute. Not gonna hold my breath, it feels as if the poor guy is pretty much superglued together but nothing ventured nothing gained. The O's have nothing to lose if he can play the field and appears to be able to hit a little.

Yes he did alright. I would have never done it. I guess I am a coward. No amount

of money or fame is worth it to me with even the slightest chance of being

paralyzed. IMO

I wouldn't have tried it if I was Manning. Nolan has bills to pay.

Risk < Reward

I wouldn't have tried it if I was Manning. Nolan has bills to pay.

Risk < Reward

I wouldn't mind making a shade under $3mm by the time I hit 30.

Hope they can get something out of him. It would be a big lift if they can have Cruz DH and not have to give up anything to get a legit LFer.

Hope they can get something out of him. It would be a big lift if they can have Cruz DH and not have to give up anything to get a legit LFer.

I know 3 million is a lot. But ballplayers spend some money.

Hot as a pistol. And a better catch than Jeter made. It won the game for us. How many game cushion did we have for the playoffs in 2012?

And if you had earned all that while in pretty hefty tax brackets? And you had a wife and kids? No real skills outside of baseball? (I'm guessing)

I don't think Nolan is at a point of long term financial independence yet.

Archived