Reimold Rising?

mdbdotcom

Yes indeed as it is quite possible that I remember him playing LF against the Orioles as a Tiger. In fact, that is more likely now that I think about it. I do very clearly remember when I saw him there in LF I was surprised...

^^^^^Checking supply of Geritol.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, I guess you also believe because its on the internet, it must be true?:rolleyestf:

Everything written down isn't always 100% fail proof. I have seen mistakes and retractions in my local newspaper several times a week. I see routine factual errors on the Baltimore Sun all the time.. it happens. I know what I saw. I also saw Boog Powell in LF and Frank Howard of the Senators and Yogi Berra of the Yankees. I also saw Mickey Mantle get hurt in a game at Memorial stadium (I was there) and he had to be carted off the field. I also saw Scott McGregor fan Reggie Jackson three times in a game (again I was there) at Memorial Stadium where Reggie swung so hard he fell down. I guess because that isn't in the record books it didn't happen?

That's all very interesting. Now here is the reason why everything you just said is irrelevant: you have already demonstrated that your own memory, on which you've based your entire argument, is not "fail proof," because you cannot recall with specificity the details of Tettleton's time in "left field."

You think that it happened during a double header, but you can't remember which game with 100% certainty. You can't remember the date of that game, or the year in which it was played. You can't remember whether Tettleton came in as a pinch hitter and remained in the game in LF, whether he was catching the "other" game in the double header, or any other pertinent details of the game. In sum, it seems that the only thing of which you are totally, completely convinced is that Mickey Tettleton played LF for the Orioles...at some point, for an indeterminate amount of time, during at least one half of a double header that you cannot identify.

And you're disputing the accuracy of thorough, well-organized records such as though displayed on baseball-reference? If you think the records are flawed, then it's on you to prove it. But you can't possibly expect to challenge those records (and be taken at-all seriously) when you have not just neglected to provide, but are completely incapable of providing, facts of your own to support your conclusion.

That's all very interesting. Now here is the reason why everything you just said is irrelevant: you have already demonstrated that your own memory, on which you've based your entire argument, is not "fail proof," because you cannot recall with specificity the details of Tettleton's time in "left field."

You think that it happened during a double header, but you can't remember which game with 100% certainty. You can't remember the date of that game, or the year in which it was played. You can't remember whether Tettleton came in as a pinch hitter and remained in the game in LF, whether he was catching the "other" game in the double header, or any other pertinent details of the game. In sum, it seems that the only thing of which you are totally, completely convinced is that Mickey Tettleton played LF for the Orioles...at some point, for an indeterminate amount of time, during at least one half of a double header that you cannot identify.

And you're disputing the accuracy of thorough, well-organized records such as though displayed on baseball-reference? If you think the records are flawed, then it's on you to prove it. But you can't possibly expect to challenge those records (and be taken at-all seriously) when you have not just neglected to provide, but are completely incapable of providing, facts of your own to support your conclusion.

I don't just think records can be flawed, I know they can be. Anything can be flawed, even you and your take on things. Even God wasn't infallible.

I don't just think records can be flawed, I know they can be. Anything can be flawed, even you and your take on things. Even God wasn't infallible.

These records have been parsed well enough to be relied on.

These records have been parsed well enough to be relied on.

You assume they were but you don't know for certain. Makes me think of the movie Christmas Vacation where Clark was sure every bulb in his thousands of twinkling light was good. He personally checked them all. That is what I would need to do to make sure. I don't trust anyone on anything when it comes to written records. My job involves finding out who is lying on paper and believe me, most people are not truthful, especially when money is involved.

You assume they were but you don't know for certain. Makes me think of the movie Christmas Vacation where Clark was sure every bulb in his thousands of twinkling light was good. He personally checked them all. That is what I would need to do to make sure. I don't trust anyone on anything when it comes to written records. My job involves finding out who is lying on paper and believe me, most people are not truthful, especially when money is involved.

I suspect you are correct about some of the bulbs not being as bright as they might seem. :)

These records are not intentionally falsified. As many of the records you review are. Cousin Eddie is an honorable man.

So, if I were to say that I clearly remember a game in which Eddie Murray played 1B for the Orioles while wearing a pink tutu and using a sawed-off snow shovel for a glove, my memory has as much validity as whatever "factual" evidence you could provide to the contrary?

Go ahead and prove me wrong. I'll be here when you get back from talking to Eddie.

So, if I were to say that I clearly remember a game in which Eddie Murray played 1B for the Orioles while wearing a pink tutu and using a sawed-off snow shovel for a glove, my memory has as much validity as whatever "factual" evidence you could provide to the contrary?

Go ahead and prove me wrong. I'll be here when you get back from talking to Eddie.

I was at that game.

Who wasn't at that game? Instant classic. Apart from the smattering of alien abductions from the right field bleachers, it was perfect.

Other than the game in which Frank Robinson hit the ball out of Memorial Stadium (which 2,000,000 people attended), it was the most widely attended game in O's history. And they sold a lot of beer.

I was at that game.
Who wasn't at that game? Instant classic. Apart from the smattering of alien abductions from the right field bleachers, it was perfect.

Was that the same game that was interrupted for Mayan sacrifice? It was, wasn't it?

Was that the same game that was interrupted for Mayan sacrifice? It was, wasn't it?

It was the in-between game entertainment for the double-header.

Remember when they used to do that? I still remember a cow-milking contest on a Friday night between games of a twi-night double-header. Ed Temple did the milking for the Orioles.

It was the in-between game entertainment for the double-header.

Remember when they used to do that? I still remember a cow-milking contest on a Friday night between games of a twi-night double-header. Ed Temple did the milking for the Orioles.

Old#5fan was the judge.

These records are not intentionally falsified. As many of the records you review are. Cousin Eddie is an honorable man.

To a point, he lied to Clark about the RV, he owned it after selling off his land, but he did own up to it eventually..

Archived