Reimold Rising?

mdbdotcom

Epstein was a former Oriole. Not sure who they traded him for from the Senators, a pitcher named Pete Reichert maybe?

They make this thing called the internet where you can look up so-called facts like that. Not that these "facts" are really that accurate. On second thought, maybe you should just poll the guys at your local bar for the answer. That's just as good.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They make this thing called the internet where you can look up so-called facts like that. Not that these "facts" are really that accurate. On second thought, maybe you should just poll the guys at your local bar for the answer. That's just as good.

I like how he professes to be internet illiterate but has no problems navigating the Sun Boards, Trea's page and the Hangout.

Epstein once hunted groundhogs on my Uncles farm, near the Antietam Battlefield which was right behind where I grew up when I lived with my parents. He used a 30:06 which is a pretty heavy caliber to shoot woodchucks with (I use one for whitetail deer). At any rate, that is a useless detail that you didn't know, and nobody else would other than my uncle (who is now deceased) and Epstein himself.

Wow, you are brilliant. I am totally amazed. You remembered that we traded Epstein for Pete Richert in 1967. You were probably 9-10 years old. Of course you spelled Richert's name wrong but that's perfectly understandable considering it's been almost 50 years. That is just amazing that you did that without looking it up. What a razor sharp memory you have, and here I thought you were just a giant blowhard. Anybody doubting that Tettleton played LF for the Orioles can just shut up now. I know I am eating some serious crow.

I only remembered that because Epstein once hunted groundhogs on my uncle's farm.... I did like Pete Richert though, but my bad that I couldn't spell his name correctly. I think I once had his baseball card and maybe still do somewhere in a box of them stored away.

Epstein once hunted groundhogs on my Uncles farm, near the Antietam Battlefield which was right behind where I grew up when I lived with my parents. He used a 30:06 which is a pretty heavy caliber to shoot woodchucks with (I use one for whitetail deer). At any rate, that is a useless detail that you didn't know, and nobody else would other than my uncle (who is now deceased) and Epstein himself.

How would we prove this then ;)

I didn't look that up, but my memory isn't always wrong either, although my spelling too often is so...

I have a call in to the groundhog to verify.

Wow, you are brilliant. I am totally amazed. You remembered that we traded Epstein for Pete Richert in 1967. You were probably 9-10 years old. Of course you spelled Richert's name wrong but that's perfectly understandable considering it's been almost 50 years. That is just amazing that you did that without looking it up. What a razor sharp memory you have, and here I thought you were just a giant blowhard. Anybody doubting that Tettleton played LF for the Orioles can just shut up now. I know I am eating some serious crow.

My wife and I ate lunch with Pete Richert, along with the rest of the surviving 1970 team. And Roy Firestone and Jay Mazzone. Pete was great entertainment.

The poll idea always is the most accurate one. You know, democratic.

My wife and I ate lunch with Pete Richert, along with the rest of the surviving 1970 team. And Roy Firestone and Jay Mazzone. Pete was great entertainment.

As I recall, he had a blazing fastball that was'n't too entertaining to being hit by batters....

Likely killed in the late 60's by Epstein. I heard several shots, but cannot remember exactly how many.....

If you have a tape, I am sure we could drum up some audio experts to accurately reconstruct the events of that fateful day.

Archived