Who stands out in our draft?

So, he is the anti Nick Markakis?

Yup. Thick, not overly athletic, not big arm, right handed bat, majority (slight majority?) like him better at the plate. So, should be good for solid 10 yr Orioles career!

I have video of him pitching too, but not edited down. I'll try and put it together.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. Thick, not overly athletic, not big arm, right handed bat, majority (slight majority?) like him better at the plate. So, should be good for solid 10 yr Orioles career!

I have video of him pitching too, but not edited down. I'll try and put it together.

I would really appreciate that.

I'm no expert, but Mr. Gonzalez does appear to have a nice, short stroke. If he looks this good as a pitcher, I'll be pretty impressed. :)

In my video he will not look this good -- hence my liking him more as a bat. Haha.

In my video he will not look this good -- hence my liking him more as a bat. Haha.

I believe you and most national scouts liked M Givens more as a pitcher but we liked him as a SS....you see how well that turned out. I trust the national scouts more than i do our own organization.

This is pretty much a new scouting regime , as well as new instructors and system throughout the Minors from when Givens was drafted. Last year's draft class seems to be on decent footing. I say give the new regime a chance before damning them with the mistakes of the past.

I believe you and most national scouts liked M Givens more as a pitcher but we liked him as a SS....you see how well that turned out. I trust the national scouts more than i do our own organization.

Based on what? Last year's draft?

Whole new group, but I knew you'd feel that way ;)

There was a purge after Dan took over that made many in the scouting community mad and displaced some guys in some fairly cushy positions that had a ripple effect though some of the talking heads out there. Top to bottom, our organization appears stronger.

There was a purge after Dan took over that made many in the scouting community mad and displaced some guys in some fairly cushy positions that had a ripple effect though some of the talking heads out there. Top to bottom, our organization appears stronger.

I think most understand that, you do repeat that often, however it IS the same team with the same ownership. You cannot just disconnect from the old regime completely and have no accountability.

You cannot just disconnect from the old regime completely and have no accountability.

Yes I can and do. Ownership is very old. And bought some good guys to run things. Sacred cows were disturbed. I believe it is brand spanking new. Like Mr Wolf came by and cleaned it up.

I think most understand that, you do repeat that often, however it IS the same team with the same ownership. You cannot just disconnect from the old regime completely and have no accountability.

Maybe that's true if you don't pay attention and do nothing but spout lazy platitudes.

Archived