Really tired of Matusz...

Ed-die... Ed-die

o

(vs. MARINERS, 7/25)

Possibly his best game of the season.

1.67 shutout innings.

Faced 6 batters, got 5 of them out, 3 via the strikeout.

Struck out the side in the 8th inning (with a 2-out double sandwiched in between.)

Entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with two outs, and got Romero to fly out to end the threat.

(vs. MARINERS, 7/27)

1 shutout inning.

2 strikeouts.

1 hit, and 1 walk.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Jake.

Seriously, the ump squeezed him today. He called a ball to Cano, inside corner just above the belt that he'd just called a strike to Nick the previous half inning. I though there were a number of ball calls against Matusz that could've gone the other way. In any case, echoing Roy's sentiment, he got the job done over two days and 2 2/3 innings. We needed every one of those outs.

I know we don't lose the one where he got his feet tangled without him.

I got to thinking about that play. Yes, he should have had it, but at the same time, he was basically playing right field. He got an incorrect read on it.. he's not an outfielder though, so I don't totally blame him for that. But yeah no reason he couldn't have gotten it.

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/31)

Came into the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with nobody out, and a run already in.

Faced 3 batters, struck out all 3.

Threw only 13 pitches to get those 3 strikeouts.

• 2 weeks later...
DFA now

Who? Buck for putting in Matusz against righties in close games? I agree. He's been doing it all season.

Bullpen fully rested. 2 off days in 3 days.

Or, how about Buck's decision to bat Davis against a tough pitcher 2nd? After he's been batting under 200 with an OBP around 275 the last month?

Archived