Really tired of Matusz...

Ed-die... Ed-die

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With our budget constraints, I'm surprised we brought him back to be a LOOGY. At this point, I'd trade him just for salary relief.

I think his draft status was the determining factor. Or maybe Patton's suspension. Could have easily been Patton's suspension. Britton wasn't Britton yet don't forget.

I think his draft status was the determining factor. Or maybe Patton's suspension. Could have easily been Patton's suspension. Britton wasn't Britton yet don't forget.

But LOOGY's are cheap. I mean Rapada is tough on LH and is signed to a MiL deal. Good point on Britton though.

I'm surprised Matusz is still on the team. Serious question though is he the longest tenured pitcher on the team? Besides maybe Chris Tillman, but Matusz actually may have the most active Orioles service time among pitchers.

Went from first pitcher taken in draft to failed starter to failed reliever. And he's still not in the minors. Still not released. Still not traded. He's been here for what like 5 years?

I don't want him to use Matusz either. I have to wonder if the reason he's still around is because we're trying to see who will try to take him off our hands and for how much we can get.... I'm guessing one team is offering us a bag of baseballs... but we're holding out for a set of bats.

Archived