Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't be upset with Bartolo Colon. Will give you at least 6 innings a start. Doesn't walk anybody. 1.18 WHIP. Very good FIP and xFIP. Shouldn't cost much at all.

But do you want his contract for next year? He wouldn't be bad if he was a rental, but next year you are talking about a 41-42 year old pitcher you are paying 10 million dollars.

He's a high upside guy that has control issues and is starting to reach the age where you aren't sure if he is going to figure it out in time. But he didn't reach the ranking he did because he didn't have high upside. He's fallen because it looks like he won't reach that upside.

Wasn't he high upside before his fake age became known?

But do you want his contract for next year? He wouldn't be bad if he was a rental' date=' but next year you are talking about a 41-42 year old pitcher you are paying 10 million dollars.[/quote']

Yea I am with you on this one. He is good but I doubt the O's want to commit to paying a 40+ y.o pitcher 10 million when they have 6 guys now that can start. Would rather a bullpen arm than him.

Anyone else think Darwin Barney could be an interesting trade candidate? He's a glove first player that can't hit but he has more of a track record than Schoop and it'd allow us to send Schoop down for some Norfolk seasoning. Not to mention he'd cost next to nothing since he was DFA'd so if he doesn't work out just cut him and bring Schoop back up.

Sorry if he was already mentioned...lots pages in this thread.

Anyone else think Darwin Barney could be an interesting trade candidate? He's a glove first player that can't hit but he has more of a track record than Schoop and it'd allow us to send Schoop down for some Norfolk seasoning. Not to mention he'd cost next to nothing since he was DFA'd so if he doesn't work out just cut him and bring Schoop back up.

Sorry if he was already mentioned...lots pages in this thread.

Is Darwin better than any of our other second basemen?

Hell no lol

I grew up in Chicago as a Cubs fan so still watch some of their games when time permits...trust me he is no upgrade.

I'd prefer most other second basemen too but some thoughts to consider…

He won a Gold Glove at 2B in 2012

Barney UZR/150 in 2014 - 15.5, Schoop UZR/150 in 2014 - 8

Barney has a better K%, BB%, OPS

Cherry picking stats, I know. But its worth a thought considering Schoop is an absolute black hole and the only reason he is even up is because 1) he can play defense and 2) there has been no other viable option. I still think Schoop is our best bet for the long term answer at 2B but he is not doing great and it might be worth shaking things up a bit. Especially if the alternative is an upgrade defensively and has more of a track record in the majors of being at least a slightly below average hitter rather than the pitcher-esque production we're getting on a daily basis right now.

Wouldn't be upset with Bartolo Colon. Will give you at least 6 innings a start. Doesn't walk anybody. 1.18 WHIP. Very good FIP and xFIP. Shouldn't cost much at all.

Sigh....Are you aware the Mets gave him a 2 year deal?

Not joking.

But hey, we are talking about the Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd prefer most other second basemen too but some thoughts to consider?

Cherry picking stats, I know. But its worth a thought considering Schoop is an absolute black hole and the only reason he is even up is because 1) he can play defense and 2) there has been no other viable option. I still think Schoop is our best bet for the long term answer at 2B but he is not doing great and it might be worth shaking things up a bit. Especially if the alternative is an upgrade defensively and has more of a track record in the majors of being at least a slightly below average hitter rather than the pitcher-esque production we're getting on a daily basis right now.

Grass is greener?---What plays do you see Schoop not making (but possibly making WITH HIS ARM) and then you factor in the power difference---THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME

I really want the O's to get Lee. He's honestly the perfect fit. Throws a ton of innings, left handed (DD wants another lefty), great K/BB ratio, ground ball pitcher that is being hurt by an incredibly high BABIP, and has FIP and xFIP below 3.

I'd prefer most other second basemen too but some thoughts to consider…

Yea but he still sucks and frankly I would rather ride the horse that got this far unless its a clear upgrade which Barney most certainly is not.

Archived