Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Yeah. It was more of a joke post in theory. But I agree. However each time I see him he just looks like a douche to me.

I know. I feel ya though. Just doesn't seem like a likable guy though I admit if he came in and pitched well for us, I would change my tune fast. That's just sports.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would go a long way to making them prohibitive favorites in the AL East.

I would not put them over Oakland.

It would make a matchup with Detroit more approachable for sure.

Oak isnt built for the playoffs and it shows every year. Purely relying on walking a ton to score your runs doesnt work when you are in a series where a guy like Jon lester, david price, max scherzer, ect who simply dont walk people and give up free bases. Then you have to face them 2-3 times.

Oakland doesnt scare me one bit in a playoff scenario. Detroit scares the jesus out of me tho.

It would go a long way to making them prohibitive favorites in the AL East.

I would not put them over Oakland.

It would make a matchup with Detroit more approachable for sure.

Agreed.

Still think someone will swoop in and get Lester by giving up more than DD is willing to...if we give up Bundy or KG to Boston...aye carrumba. I just cant imagine DD would be willing to roll the dice that much to have a guy come back year after year and just rub it in.

Oak isnt built for the playoffs and it shows every year. Purely relying on walking a ton to score your runs doesnt work when you are in a series where a guy like Jon lester, david price, max scherzer, ect who simply dont walk people and give up free bases. Then you have to face them 2-3 times.

Oakland doesnt scare me one bit in a playoff scenario. Detroit scares the jesus out of me tho.

And yet the Braves teams from the 90's were built for the playoffs and how many rings did they end up with?

Playoffs are a crap shoot.

Oakland should scare you. They do a lot more than walk lol.

I know. I feel ya though. Just doesn't seem like a likable guy though I admit if he came in and pitched well for us, I would change my tune fast. That's just sports.

Yes it is. If we would win a world series because of that deal, I'd be all over it.

Perhaps it is because his value is at its absolute apex. His MLB k-rate is higher than his minor league K-rate. That has to be rare. He was never a highly regarded prospect. Seems like it may be smoke and mirrors.

It does give me some pause, but as I posted earlier in the thread the development of the slider this year as a legitimate pitch instead of the CU he had been throwing shows his growth and improvement as a pitcher.

No one is going to reasonably argue his previous two years or MiL numbers. So, then is it now sustainable going forward? I like his command and confidence in the new pitch along with the sinker. That being said, there may not be a match with the Astros.

It does give me some pause, but as I posted earlier in the thread the development of the slider this year as a legitimate pitch instead of the CU he had been throwing shows his growth and improvement as a pitcher.

No one is going to reasonably argue his previous two years or MiL numbers. So, then is it now sustainable going forward? I like his command and confidence in the new pitch along with the sinker. That being said, there may not be a match with the Astros.

I would argue his first 2 seasons. He struggled as a starter his rookie year with a FIP of 5.74 and 4 SO9, welcome to the big leagues. Next year in the league he improves with his FIP falling to 4.25 and his SO9 increasing to 7.2.

So what I see is a pitcher who made a pretty big leap from his first year to his second year. And now in this third year he has continued to progress at that level. I don't find this year as shocking as others based on the big improvement he made from year 1 to year 2, more like just a continuing of it.

Do they have any prospects left?

No but if becomes a game were the O's are giving up MiGo ERod and something else the A's could potentially match that or exceed it especially if the Red Sox like Millone more than MiGo...

My prediction is he goes to Pittsburgh or LA Dodgers or stays in Boston. Think at the last min Pitt or LA will pony up one of their higher end prospects.

I would argue his first 2 seasons. He struggled as a starter his rookie year with a FIP of 5.74 and 4 SO9' date=' welcome to the big leagues. Next year in the league he improves with his FIP falling to 4.25 and his SO9 increasing to 7.2.

So what I see is a pitcher who made a pretty big leap from his first year to his second year. And now in this third year he has continued to progress at that level. I don't find this year as shocking as others based on the big improvement he made from year 1 to year 2, more like just a continuing of it.[/quote']

Sure, but why? To listen to him tell it, he struggled with not only the grip on the CU he was throwing but the speed. I would argue this is the first year he's been comfortable with arsenal of pitches he's throwing, hence the better numbers.

Archived