Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa Just say no!!!!

Greg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles already have six good starting pitchers. If they can swap one of their mid-rotation guys plus prospects for a frontline starter, count me in. Otherwise, it makes zero sense to trade for another mid-rotation guy.

Which is why McCarthy made the most sense if they were going to go for a back-end starter. McCarthy's FIP says he is a front-end starter who is just getting back-end results. With McCarthy, at the very least they get the back end starter they seem to want, but there is the potential that the results start matching the metrics.

Which is why McCarthy made the most sense if they were going to go for a back-end starter. McCarthy's FIP says he is a front-end starter who is just getting back-end results. With McCarthy' date=' at the very least they get the back end starter they seem to want, but there is the potential that the results start matching the metrics.[/quote']

I think they also want to add another lefty into the rotation which is why they would prefer DeLa Rosa.

I think they also want to add another lefty into the rotation which is why they would prefer DeLa Rosa.

I don't see why they'd need another lefty. If anything they need a strikeout guy like Ian Kennedy (the one SP target I'd like that's realistic). Look at the other true contenders in the AL. A lot of good righties. Trout, Pujols, Cabrera, Donaldson, Cespedes... The best lefties are probably Moss, Hamilton, and Martinez who is a switch hitter. There's not really any good lefties available though that would improve the team besides Lee and Hamels who would cost a ton. Just get Kennedy :)

Tillman, Gausman, Kennedy, Chen, Norris/Jimenez/Gonzalez...

Could be really, really good. Especially if Gonzo keeps pitching well and/or Jimenez turns it around.

I don't see why they'd need another lefty. If anything they need a strikeout guy like Ian Kennedy (the one SP target I'd like that's realistic). Look at the other true contenders in the AL. A lot of good righties. Trout, Pujols, Cabrera, Donaldson, Cespedes... The best lefties are probably Moss, Hamilton, and Martinez who is a switch hitter. There's not really any good lefties available though that would improve the team besides Lee and Hamels who would cost a ton. Just get Kennedy :)

Tillman, Gausman, Kennedy, Chen, Norris/Jimenez/Gonzalez...

Could be really, really good. Especially if Gonzo keeps pitching well and/or Jimenez turns it around.

Then again you may get more bang for you buck if you get a dominant bullpen arm who can help shorten the game.

Kennedy I am not sure how well he translates to OPACY....I thought he was a guy who tends to give up a lot of long fly balls

Then again you may get more bang for you buck if you get a dominant bullpen arm who can help shorten the game.

Kennedy I am not sure how well he translates to OPACY....I thought he was a guy who tends to give up a lot of long fly balls

He has, but he's still been very good now 4 of the last 5 years. He was bad last season due to a suddden increase in walks and a high HR/FB%. His walks are back down now and his detroit outs and ground balls are up. He has a 3.70 ERA right now but his FIP and xFIP are much lower.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>rockies seek big pitching return for ace de la rosa from orioles. no evidence of progress lately. <a href="http://t.co/KN2TFqAjwE">http://t.co/KN2TFqAjwE</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jorge De La Rosa is terrible. BB/9 near 4. K/9 near 6. ERA above 4 in the NL. Free Agent in 2015. Why the hell would we want this guy? He's awful.

He is tough on lefties...has been better on RHB than Matusz hopefully the idea would be to use him in the pen. I'd much rather start Ubaldo WITH his twisted ankle than De La Rosa

He is tough on lefties...has been better on RHB than Matusz hopefully the idea would be to use him in the pen. I'd much rather start Ubaldo WITH his twisted ankle than De La Rosa

Yep and I think that's exactly why they are looking at him.

Archived