I don't think the way we are winning is sustainable

brianod

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe I read today that 5 times in history the Orioles have lead the AL East by 5 games and each time they won the division.

Or maybe I dreamed it. Check Sweetspot on ESPN

Today's game was brought to you by the number 6.

Sustainable? It's inevitable!
Suddenly, it seems like it's all right there for the taking, and everyone, the Orioles, their fans and maybe even their closest competition, senses the leaves are going to turn orange and black in the fall.

Peter Schmuck

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bs-sp-schmuck-column-0810-20140809,0,7928642.column#ixzz39zv8wdrm

• 2 weeks later...
so, Brian no posts since the Orioles still have been winning? Waiting for them to lose? lol

No reason to goad Brianod. He's no troll -- he is positive a lot of the time. He gave a reasonable basis for his opinion here. I'm sure he'd rather be wrong than right on this one.

No reason to goad Brianod. He's no troll -- he is positive a lot of the time. He gave a reasonable basis for his opinion here. I'm sure he'd rather be wrong than right on this one.

If you look at some of the posts from early this morning I think you will see who the troll is...I had my questions about whether the Orioles could substain their winning ways, but I think it was just an unbelievable run of great starting pitchers they faced, dudes are starting to hit again!

Our starters have been awesome. Our pen has been awesome. Our offense has been abysmal. Our defense has been awesome. I think our pen will continue to be very good and I think our defense will continue to be very good but I think our starters will regress. Unless our offense picks it up, we won't keep winning like this.

I take it you are not of the mindset that pitching and defense win games.

Archived