Orioles trade for Kelly Johnson and Michael Almanzar

furryburres

Who makes it over him? what is your bench, assuming they keep 5.

I'd have:

Pearce

Schoop

Hardy

Davis

Cruz

Jones

Markakis

Joseph

Hundley

Young

De Aza

Paredes

Clevenger

Flaherty

Tillman

Chen

Norris

Gonzalez

Gausman

Brach

Hunter

Jimenez

Miller

O'Day

Britton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand the deAza trade, but didn't particularly like giving up Blackmar. Even thought they gave up two guys who wouldn't be here next year anyway, the trade for Johnson makes little sense except maybe to satisfy Buck's obsession with veteran players. And what the heck is it with Almanazar? I guess someone like him.

Oh and Almanazar has a .360 OBP as a 23 year old in AA - he has future value to the team unlike Weeks or DeJesus.

I understand the deAza trade, but didn't particularly like giving up Blackmar. Even thought they gave up two guys who wouldn't be here next year anyway, the trade for Johnson makes little sense except maybe to satisfy Buck's obsession with veteran players. And what the heck is it with Almanazar? I guess someone like him.

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See I think Lough and Berry are a little redundant. Berry being a better base stealer is nice.

I have been saying that all season! I am not a Lough fan and would rather he have been DFA-ed a long time ago.

He looked great to me this spring.

Yea I am glad we got him back. Weeks never was gonna play for this team he defense is just way to Week (pun intended). DeJesus I could have seen getting some time in Sept potentially but personally I think Almanzar has more upside long term. The kid can take pitches, has a half decent glove and could be a guy at worst whom provides you some depth

I have been saying that all season! I am not a Lough fan and would rather he have been DFA-ed a long time ago.

Keep all your options, it seems all of MLB keeps getting hurt. We can get bye tomorrow without letting Lough go.

Oh and Almanazar has a .360 OBP as a 23 year old in AA - he has future value to the team unlike Weeks or DeJesus.

True but that value isn't a whole lot and will be zero next year without more improvement. Dejesus is a backup SS and Weeks can steal and get on base.

Keep all your options, it seems all of MLB keeps getting hurt. We can get bye tomorrow without letting Lough go.

Far as I am concerned with the way injuries can happen, the more guys they can cram into playoff eligibility the better. No reason to just write off an option that you may wish later you have even if its just as a guy coming off the bench to PR. Sure Berry could fill that role but what if he pulls a hammy next or tears an ACL ect.

Archived