vs. YANKEES, 9/25

OFFNY

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy I hated that. I had it on pause right after the winning run scored. Just didn't want to see the celebration. But I finally relented and caught up as I wanted to hear what Buck and Palmer had to say. Mixed feelings. Meaningless game for us, but we've been there, too (though not a direct parallel) when the O's ruined Boston's season at the end of 2011. We were jubilant on the field. They surely hated it. I just wish we'd been the spoilers tonight after the great comeback. I had the game pretty much written off with the way the defense had been playing. Then Jones and Pearce sucked me back into thinking it meant something.

Only positive I see is that it shows the O's still have the fight in 'em after a sloppy game. And it was classy to see the O's saluting Jeter and Jeter returning the favor. Other than that, I hate losing.

I'm just pissed this is going to be shown for years and years ... and it's against us.

As was (and still is) the "Munson game," which was televised live on Monday Night Baseball just 4 days after he died in a plane crash.

If the Orioles AT LEAST win the pennant and make it to the World Series this year, this game will not stain this magical season any more than that game did our magical, American League Championship 1979 season.

[video=youtube;TVzAJpoxQgI]

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

Meant to mention this last night, but we were deep into the post-game analysis. But isn't that Frank Robinson there below the Laker fans? I found a photo today of him at The Staples Center with what appears to be the same woman.

http://www.spokeo.com/Frank+Robinson+1/Jan+16+2012+Celebrities+Arrive+At+The+Staples+Center+For+The+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Vs+Dallas+Game

Meant to mention this last night, but we were deep into the post-game analysis. But isn't that Frank Robinson there below the Laker fans? I found a photo today of him at The Staples Center with what appears to be the same woman.

http://www.spokeo.com/Frank+Robinson+1/Jan+16+2012+Celebrities+Arrive+At+The+Staples+Center+For+The+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Vs+Dallas+Game

Hahaha what the hell. I've seen this GIF a million times and never, ever noticed Frank Robinson. That's hilarious.

Archived