Why did Buck give that game away?

MrOrange82

The post before yours covers at least two elements supporting a foundation. Terrible pitcher throwing to Jeter with a runner in scoring position and less than two outs. Didn't set up the double play. Didn't throw a decent reliever who might've shut the door (or not let it open in the first place).

And after the team fought back following terrible defensive displays by other B-squadies.

I'm sorry, is this 2005? The Derek Jeter you're talking about has the lowest AVG and OBP of his career is one of the least feared hitters in the Yankee lineup.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean, IBB to Jeter and Britton on to get the DP with the lefty McCann up is the obvious move. Anyone but Jeter, any other night and you have to imagine that would have happened. Britton has not been overworked lately.

Britton or no Britton, you walk the friggin hitter to set up the double play.

Every friggin time. No excuse.

Disgusting. I have always thought better of Buck. That was overtly obvious.

This game doesn't color the whole season, but the sad fact is that I'm going to remember it, especially if the O's don't make a long postseason run. I'm going to remember a game that occurred late in the 2014 season, well after the O's had already locked up the division, because of how obviously awful it was.

That shouldn't be a thing I remember. This game should've been an inconsequential blip on the radar, loss or no.

Game was irrelevant.....Angels were never going to relinquish the silly stronghold they have held on the 1 seed for about seven straight weeks. They have kept us at bay like the big brother extending the hand on the little brother's face.

The whole inning seemed rigged to me. Magically we score exactly three to ensure Jeter would bat in the 9th. No-name scrub immediately gets on, Gardner perfect sacrifice, and no walk to set up a DP allowing Jeter to hit meatball pitch.

Now the Os have to sweep Toronto and Seattle has to sweep LAAAAAAAA-La Land for the 1-seed to happen. However, that was only the #2 reason I was pissed.

That 1 seed was never gonna happen.

Is it really necessary to rest all of his best pitchers? There's still several games left to do that vs TOR. I'm sure Meek is a nice person but he's a AAAA pitcher.

I think I'm going to have to take a day off from baseball. If we didn't already clinch I'd watch but I just want this to die down. Does that make me a bad O's fan?

Now the Os have to sweep Toronto and Seattle has to sweep LAAAAAAAA-La Land for the 1-seed to happen. However, that was only the #2 reason I was pissed.

We were probably never going to be the 1 seed. But who cares. Everyone knows what this game was about and of course after an epic 9th inning comeback it was handed to the absolute lowest trash on the roster. And strategically blown as well, IBB was an obvious conclusion even to a hitter as awful as Jeter.

Game was irrelevant.....Angels were never going to relinquish the silly stronghold they have held on the 1 seed for about seven straight weeks. They have kept us at bay like the big brother extending the hand on the little brother's face.

The whole inning seemed rigged to me. Magically we score exactly three to ensure Jeter would bat in the 9th. No-name scrub immediately gets on, Gardner perfect sacrifice, and no walk to set up a DP allowing Jeter to hit meatball pitch.

Eh, the Os have gained two games in the last 10, and would have been closer had they not derped the home finale series versus the Sux. Seattle is trying to stay in the mix, has had good pitching all season, and is 9-7 in the season series going into this weekend. Had the Os won tonight, a sweep of Toronto and a mere series win by Seattle would have given them the 1-seed.

Archived