You know what really grinds my gears?

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, i honestly don't know...I left the TV for a second and next thing i know, there was 4.4 seconds on the clock. Didn't know why. Wasn't payign attention enough at the time.

But whatever, to blame is on the refs is a joke. Duke may have hit a longer shot at the buzzer or maybe they win in OT.

For Clemson to allow that to happen is a joke and that's why they lost and to put it on anything else is a joke(though typical stuff for this board).

Yeah, it is typical for a few to do that, you act like it's the majority of people and like it's mostly in regards to the Terps. I'm obviously going back to the other thread in the Terps section that revolved around this to formulate that opinion.

Yet, again, posters on here complain about O's and Ravens games just as much, and some fans of other teams do the same thing. This has nothing to do with Maryland fans or this website, it's basically like this with all teams.

Ah, that info was not available to me.

Although that sort of deflates the argument anyway, if they reviewed it and came up with a .6 second runoff.

Yeah, I honestly don't know how much time should have been left on the clock, would have to see the replay.

Yeah, it is typical for a few to do that, you act like it's the majority of people and like it's mostly in regards to the Terps. I'm obviously going back to the other thread in the Terps section that revolved around this to formulate that opinion.

Yet, again, posters on here complain about O's and Ravens games just as much, and some fans of other teams do the same thing. This has nothing to do with Maryland fans or this website, it's basically like this with all teams.

You are right, which is why i mentioned guys like you in the other thread, so it is obvious i am not talking about you guys.

And btw, how rare is it for the home clock(for ANY home team) to favor the home team? My guess is it happens alot but it is not always magnified.

End of the day, if Clemson stops the ball, none of this matters and it falls on them and for anyone to deny that is clueless and totally missing the point.

You are right, which is why i mentioned guys like you in the other thread, so it is obvious i am not talking about you guys.

And btw, how rare is it for the home clock(for ANY home team) to favor the home team? My guess is it happens alot but it is not always magnified.

End of the day, if Clemson stops the ball, none of this matters and it falls on them and for anyone to deny that is clueless and totally missing the point.

Yeah, Clemson screwed up, no doubt. I'm just tired of your attacks on the Maryland fanbase when most other fanbases are the same way regarding refs, including O's and Ravens fans judging by this site. Everytime one fan complains, doesn't mean you have to say something like "typical Maryland fan." When Ravens fans complain on here about the refs, and they do basically every game, I don't see you bashing them.

Yeah, Clemson screwed up, no doubt. I'm just tired of your attacks on the Maryland fanbase when most other fanbases are the same way regarding refs, including O's and Ravens fans judging by this site. Everytime one fan complains, doesn't mean you have to say something like "typical Maryland fan." When Ravens fans complain on here about the refs, and they do basically every game, I don't see you bashing them.

I don't recall seeing it every game like we normally do with MD games on here.

However, i also very rarely read Orioles game threads.

Haven't seen alot of it in Ravens game threads.(not saying it isn't there)

My problem with Terp fans(in general) is that MD has never lost a game because they just sucked or got outplayed. There is always something else. That is the impression i get from several people on here.

I think the refs were even brought up in the Miami lost...They shot 20% from the field and you feel the need to bring up the refs? Please.

I don't recall seeing it every game like we normally do with MD games on here.

However, i also very rarely read Orioles game threads.

Haven't seen alot of it in Ravens game threads.(not saying it isn't there)

My problem with Terp fans(in general) is that MD has never lost a game because they just sucked or got outplayed. There is always something else. That is the impression i get from several people on here.

I think the refs were even brought up in the Miami lost...They shot 20% from the field and you feel the need to bring up the refs? Please.

It happens on Ravens and O's game threads quite a bit, I would say at a similiar rate as on MD threads.

Again, just like with every team, there are going to be fans who complain about the refs a lot, but I don't see any basis for generalizing the Terp fanbase like you do.

Find me one person who thinks MD has never lost a game because they sucked or got outplayed. I assuming that was just a huge exaggeration on your part.

Concerning the Miami game, I just looked through the thread, and one person mentioned the refs, that person being BTerp, the same person that seems to complain about the refs in most Ravens games including their last one.

Bottomline, almost all game threads which have a lot of particapation will have at least one person complaining about a call or the refs in general, that's just the way it is across the board, has nothing to do with Terps fans.

Maybe you feel the way you do because your a Duke fan, and MD fans along with all other ACC teams fans complain about the refs when going against Duke, especially at Duke. And a lot of that is justifiable. That brings me to another point, sometimes there are calls that are obviously wrong, should no one say anything about that?

It happens on Ravens and O's game threads quite a bit, I would say at a similiar rate as on MD threads.

Again, just like with every team, there are going to be fans who complain about the refs a lot, but I don't see any basis for generalizing the Terp fanbase like you do.

Find me one person who thinks MD has never lost a game because they sucked or got outplayed. I assuming that was just a huge exaggeration on your part.

Concerning the Miami game, I just looked through the thread, and one person mentioned the refs, that person being BTerp, the same person that seems to complain about the refs in most Ravens games including their last one.

Bottomline, almost all game threads which have a lot of particapation will have at least one person complaining about a call or the refs in general, that's just the way it is across the board, has nothing to do with Terps fans.

Maybe you feel the way you do because your a Duke fan, and MD fans along with all other ACC teams fans complain about the refs when going against Duke, especially at Duke. And a lot of that is justifiable. That brings me to another point, sometimes there are calls that are obviously wrong, should no one say anything about that?

Of course they should mention it and refs can effect the outcome of a game in a big way but still, it gets brought up too much by Terps fans IMO.

Of course they should mention it and refs can effect the outcome of a game in a big way but still, it gets brought up too much by Terps fans IMO.

Gets brought up about the same amount compared to other fans including the O's and Ravens. It seems like you just have this perception in your head and then proceed to blow every complaint out of proportion. The Miami game is an example of that, there was 1 post complaining about the refs from a guy that you must see complain about the refs in Ravens game threads on a consistent basis, yet, you use that to support your viewpoint.

Again, maybe against Duke it gets brought up more than usual, that's it though, and there's often good reason for it.

in that same secton did you see the nerd when i looked like the team would lose?

My problem with Duke as a Md fan is there arrogance and it comes from the top, K and his little protage Wojo. Watch how they act,like they can do no wrong. Then ESPN and Dickie V do nothing but shill for them.

Ask G Arneas about K, he doesnt have anything good to say about him.

in that same secton did you see the nerd when i looked like the team would lose?

My problem with Duke as a Md fan is there arrogance and it comes from the top, K and his little protage Wojo. Watch how they act,like they can do no wrong. Then ESPN and Dickie V do nothing but shill for them.

Ask G Arneas about K, he doesnt have anything good to say about him.

Arenas is just upset that he got cut and didn't make the US team.

He also said that if K called him and asked him to come play for him, he would. So, he doesn't have that big of a problem with him.

End of the day Gilbert, play some defense and you are on the team.

And i agree that ESPN and Vitale are annoying when it comes to putting Duke on a pedestal(yes, it even gets to me at times). But that is not the fault of Duke, coach K or anyone else affliated with Duke....Well unless you want to blame them for the enormous success they have had.

Set, shoot and make a 3 in .6 seconds? What are you talking about? I didn't see any of that(i didn't see the whole game)

BTW, .6 seconds is what you need for a catch and shoot.

That is what you need to adequately get the ball out of your hands. The ball can be in the air when the clock is at 0.0. I believe there should have been around 3 or 3.5 seconds left and it would have make a pretty big difference.

Who knows what happens in OT, just speculation. Sucks for Clemson, but they put themselves in that situation.

I still think Duke got a nice call there, but they made the most of it as well. They still had to make the shot, even though they had way too much time.

Archived