The Player DD Should Trade For That Can Put Us in The WS in 2015

section18

Why would the Astros trade Altuve? He became a star this year. He is also signed at a bargain rate for the next five years thru 2019.

I think after DD trades for Altuve, he should then make a trade with the Angels for Mike Trout and the Indians for Corey Kluber. Although I wouldn't give up too much for Kluber since he has only pitched like an ace for one season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would the Astros trade Altuve? He became a star this year. He is also signed at a bargain rate for the next five years thru 2019.

I think after DD trades for Altuve, he should then make a trade with the Angels for Mike Trout and the Indians for Corey Kluber. Although I wouldn't give up too much for Kluber since he has only pitched like an ace for one season.

And Altvue has only played like a star for one season.

Still trying to figure out why Houston would trade him.

They wouldn't, but this is the OH during the off season.

"I'd love it if the Orioles would obtain Player X this off season. I know that there's better mathematical odds for lightning striking me every single day for the next two weeks than for the Orioles picking him up, but hey, why not make a thread?"

King Felix! Seattle is probably going to be in rebuilding mode.

We don't need Altuve.

We need a true ace

Gausman may actually become that guy

Tillman is not that guy

If Tillman was a #1 we win game 1 of the ALCS and who knows what happens.

Tillman overachieved this year but we need a guy that can win game 1 of the ALCS/WS next year. Tillman shrank under the bright lights of the post season.

I'd rather have Cano.

Cano is signed for $24 million a year thru 2023 when he is 40.

Altuve is signed thru 2019 at 23 million total over the next five years. I would argue that Altuve's contract makes him the best bargain in baseball. Of course, there is no reason to think the Astros are going to trade him.

Cano is signed for $24 million a year thru 2023 when he is 40.

Altuve is signed thru 2019 at 23 million total over the next five years. I would argue that Altuve's contract makes him the best bargain in baseball. Of course, there is no reason to think the Astros are going to trade him.

I mean to state that the chances of trading for Cano and for Altuve are quite similar. And one might leave you with some farm system. ;)

Actually I would not be surprised if Seattle traded Cano at some point, similar to how Detroit moved Fielder. It would actually be a very smart move for them. They would get Cano in his prime, then pass the worst years of the contract to somebody else. Probably won't happen for another couple of years, though.

Actually I would not be surprised if Seattle traded Cano at some point, similar to how Detroit moved Fielder. It would actually be a very smart move for them. They would get Cano in his prime, then pass the worst years of the contract to somebody else. Probably won't happen for another couple of years, though.

I probably won't want him in a couple years. Or Altuve. I think his act will grow tired as time goes on as well. I am just saying, he is not Cano - and probably won't be. Even though he had a GREAT offensive year. At a defensive position.

I don't think the Mariners' front office is that adroit.

Archived