Adam LaRoche - Any Interest? (Update: ChiSox 2 - $25M)

backwardsk

I think we have to stop looking at how much we'd pay as a mid market for these players. When you have teams with 150-200 million dollar payrolls, giving guys like LaRoche a 3/45 mil deal isn't that big of a deal.

Why would a big market team want Adam Laroche. Why not Travis Ishikawa?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LaRoche wasn't able to secure a 3-year deal in the 2010-11 offseason or in the 2012-13 offseason. He's only had two decent seasons in the last four, and he'll be 35 next season. I'd be very surprised if he got a three year deal from anyone.

LaRoche wasn't able to secure a 3-year deal in the 2010-11 offseason or in the 2012-13 offseason. He's only had two decent seasons in the last four, and he'll be 35 next season. I'd be very surprised if he got a three year deal from anyone.

Yes, but it will be his last big contract, I think he wants at least a 3 years deal. Cruz and V-Mart are 35 like LaRoche, but they're searching a 4 years deal at much money.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 year deal, there are still some dumb GMs in MLB, desperate for power and will overspend for the dude.

Duquette is going to operate like he did last year. If he sees a bargain, he may sign someone early. Otherwise, he's going to wait and see who is left standing after everyone else overpays. He will be fully prepared to go into next season with Davis and Pearce at 1B/DH if he has to.

I am not sold on the fact Davis will be with the Birds in 2015 and that he is on DD's projected roster, IMO

Given the fact, that probably only DD and Buck really know the situation, its easy to speculate.

Not sure what this means. That's what we do. Speculate. I think it's possible that Davis is non tendered. However, I don't think he's non tendered unless they are confident of a backup plan. Whether that's LaRoche at 1B or Pearce at 1B and signing a DH type.

Considering the power that Davis has shown over the last three years, some folks think that with a pick attached after he leaves for free agency, that there may even be excess value beyond 11.8 million dollars. I mean. That's what they are talking about paying Nick for goodness sake. I watched a nice Hardy play last evening and the bigger first baseman with more stretch certainly helped.

You're assuming an awful lot if you are expecting a pick for Davis next year. First, he has to get tendered this year. Then he has to get offered a QO (16M?) next year. Far from a sure thing.

I assume both of those things. I can not believe that Davis will be awful this season.

If Davis repeats his 2012 season, I'm not sure the O's make him a QO.

Why would that be? What's the downside?

Okay, I see you edited it from 2013 to 2012. Still, I think he'd have a strong 2016 market if he repeats 2012 numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The deadline was yesterday.....so Cruz is it. The whole list of players with QOs is out now:

N. Cruz

M. Scherzer

V. Martinez

H. Ramirez

J. Shields

E. Santana

D. Robertson

P. Sandoval

R. Martin (not the author)

F. Liriano

Melky Cabrera

M. Cuddyer

Apparently they have until next Monday to accept or reject it.

Follow up question:

If the Diamondbacks, Rockies, or Rangers sign Cruz (teams with the worst records in baseball), that means we get one of the top 3 picks in the draft right? Obviously the NL teams probably will pass on him, but I think the Rangers might have a shot at him.

Archived