Jon Heyman: Agent, GM, and His Guess on Free Agents

weams

Still sign him. I think you almost have too. Since our starters struggle to go 6 innings we need to have a strong bullpen and Miller is lights out.

Do it.

Since the MASN dispute resolute will now be delayed until 2016 off season, I think it is a bit far fetched to believe that the payroll will exceed 125 million. Who would we drop to pay for him, at least this season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good chance he's more valuable than Davis.

Over the last four years one has supplied 3 WAR.

The other put up 9.5.

It's really not defensible to think that.

Last year in an awful year, Chris was almost as valuable as Andrew. You just don't pay that money to relievers. I'm sorry, because I really an huge Andrew Miller fan.

Still sign him. I think you almost have too. Since our starters struggle to go 6 innings we need to have a strong bullpen and Miller is lights out.

Do it.

Don't do it.

Tommy Hunter from June 18 through Sept 28th.

38 G, 41.1 IP, 1.31 ERA, 4 BB, 29 K, 188/208/243/451

That was after Dave Wallace told Hunter to use only his best two pitches.

People want to spend 10M on Miller but don't want to give Hunter 4M. That is a head scratcher to me.

Over the last four years one has supplied 3 WAR.

The other put up 9.5.

It's really not defensible to think that.

Last year in an awful year, Chris was almost as valuable as Andrew. You just don't pay that money to relievers. I'm sorry, because I really an huge Andrew Miller fan.

Depends on which WAR system you use. Miller was 2.3 fWAR and Davis 0.5 fWAR. That seems more accurate than bbref's having Davis double Miller's value.

Depends on which WAR system you use. Miller was 2.3 fWAR and Davis 0.5 fWAR. That seems more accurate than bbref's having Davis double Miller's value.

Actually, BRef had Miller at 1.8 last year. It was .9 per team. So they were about the same. Considering how few .700+ 26 home run hitters there appear to be this year it might well be accurate.

Actually, BRef had Miller at 1.8 last year. It was .9 per team. So they were about the same. Considering how few .700+ 26 home run hitters there appear to be this year it might well be accurate.

Ahh, I read that wrong. JMO, but I think Davis' value was closer to replacement level than 2 wins.

Don't do it.

Tommy Hunter from June 18 through Sept 28th.

38 G, 41.1 IP, 1.31 ERA, 4 BB, 29 K, 188/208/243/451

That was after Dave Wallace told Hunter to use only his best two pitches.

People want to spend 10M on Miller but don't want to give Hunter 4M. That is a head scratcher to me.

Yep. Hunter was a different pitcher and could well be worth his price since listening to Wallace. Every indication from Dan is that we're not in on Miller.

16. Chase Headley, 3B: Agent: 4 years, $52M. GM: 1 year, $10M. Me: 3 years, $36M

What a big split decision. I'm closer to what the GM thinks he'll get though since just a few months ago he was traded away for next to nothing. Let him prove himself over a full year first.

Archived