How About Giving Dan Some Time Before Questioning His Offseason Plan?

TonySoprano

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't have a Pederson, Puig, or Vn Slyke to replace Markakis or Cruz with. And who's asking for the Orioles to be the Dodgers? The Cardinals and Giants supplemented homegrown talent with some pricey moves too. Guess that formula doesn't work either.

I suppose what the Orioles are doing hasn't worked either? I said earlier in this thread that I would have signed Cruz to the deal he received from Seattle. The free agent market is rapidly approaching insanity and maybe I'm slow to catch up. There have not been many deals done so far that have made sense.

I suppose what the Orioles are doing hasn't worked either? I said earlier in this thread that I would have signed Cruz to the deal he received from Seattle. The free agent market is rapidly approaching insanity and maybe I'm slow to catch up. There have not been many deals done so far that have made sense.

I can understand the years and Cruz age. The Tomas deal is the one I don't get. $68M for a 25 year old stud was too rich for the Orioles blood?

One industry source says he "knew" the Athletics would trade Josh Donaldson this winter, no matter how little baseball sense it made, because the All-Star and Beane were "at war" by season's end.

View gallery

.A's general manager Billy Beane. (AP)

A's general manager Billy Beane. (AP)

Multiple sources cite a verbal altercation between the two after Donaldson told manager Bob Melvin he needed a couple of days off after Oakland had played several days in a row. The story goes, Beane told Donaldson if he needed a couple of days off, the club should put him on the disabled list, and that made Donaldson unhappy. ...

"Donaldson told the manager he needed a blow, and [bob] Melvin said, 'You got it,' " the source said. "Then that night's lineup came out and Billy asked, 'Where's Donaldson?' "

When told what happened, the source says, an angry Beane demanded that Melvin put Donaldson back into the lineup.

"They got into it in the coach's office," the source says, describing a scene in which Beane lit into Donaldson, with the third baseman reiterating his need for a day off and petulantly calling Beane "Billy Boy."

"Nobody talks to Billy that way," the source said. "It did not surprise me in the least that he got rid of Donaldson."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report--josh-donaldson-clashed-with-billy-beane-before-trade-005754140.html

Isn't Donaldson known to be a bit of a jackass? Am I confusing him with someone else?

I'm quoting myself (from the original Donaldson trade thread) because I've heard that he has a reputation, much like story Weams just quoted. But I've never heard this particular story. I just can't recall where else I've heard that he's a bit of a pill.

I'm quoting myself (from the original Donaldson trade thread) because I've heard that he has a reputation, much like story Weams just quoted. But I've never heard this particular story. I just can't recall where else I've heard that he's a bit of a pill.

Manny Machado may well agree with you. :)

Three consecutive winning seasons with two post season appearances during that time is a nice thing. At least it is to most of us.

Some things never get old. When you don't have something of substance to complain about, attack the owner.

Don't forget best overall record in the AL East since 2012.

But alas, let's not let facts get in the way of nonsense grumbling. You would think it was 2008 with some of Birdland's posts.

That's the thing why not? You drafted Manny not 1 reason to let him go. Owners are making so much money in today's baseball. I can only think of 1 reason not to sign him

tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

I can think of two reasons not to pay him $200 million....his two surgery repaired knees that have cut his last two seasons short.

Wish I had your unlimited resources to buy whatever you want, regardless of repercussions.

I can think of two reasons not to pay him $200 million....his two surgery repaired knees that have cut his last two seasons short.

Wish I had your unlimited resources to buy whatever you want, regardless of repercussions.

It would help if you read the rest of the post. I said if he had 4 years of Mike Trout level.

Archived