How About Giving Dan Some Time Before Questioning His Offseason Plan?

TonySoprano

you-mad-bro-.jpg

Dude that comment was among the goofiest things I have ever seen posted on here.

How many MLB teams currently have 100 million dollar deals on their payroll outside of NY, LA, Boston and that idiotic deal Stanton just got? A handful, I don't have the time to research it but the fact you think that spending 100 million dollars on one player is indicative of a good owner is just plain silly.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another option the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> may consider if they lose Markakis in addition to Cruz - Colby Rasmus on a short deal.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i would like this.

Actually I agree. Would be interested to see if he can resurrect his career

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another option the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> may consider if they lose Markakis in addition to Cruz - Colby Rasmus on a short deal.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i would like this.

Similar Batters

Craig Monroe (958)

Dan Pasqua (954)

Jimmie Hall (950)

Scott Hairston (950)

Nick Esasky (947)

Gary Roenicke (946)

Don Lock (946)

Garrett Jones (939)

Jack Howell (939)

Walt Moryn (938)

Similar Batters through 27

Chris Young (973)

Pete Incaviglia (955)

Cory Snyder (953)

Tom Tresh (946)

Dwight Evans (945)

Ron Gant (944)

Tommie Agee (943)

George Hendrick (942)

Oscar Gamble (938)

Jose Cruz (935)

Regarding Rasmus, the strikeouts/average scare me plenty. If we're replacing Nick, we're losing one of the few guys in our lineup who sees a lot of pitches without striking out too much. A Scott Van Slyke kinda guy would be nice. If we're going to keep De Aza and Lough with an idea that they're part of the LF/RF solution I'd like us to add another OF with the ability to step up if one or both of them aren't cutting the mustard....or makes one of them the fallback option. I'd like to see us add some OF depth at AAA as well....this guy is blocked at the ML level: http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=piscot001ste Of course, I'd rather us add a big bat to replace Nick.....but realistically how likely is that to happen?

How many MLB teams currently have 100 million dollar deals on their payroll outside of NY, LA, Boston and that idiotic deal Stanton just got? A handful, I don't have the time to research it but the fact you think that spending 100 million dollars on one player is indicative of a good owner is just plain silly.

Interesting fact: there are more teams WITH $100M players than there are teams without them. 20 teams out of 30 have an active player on a contract whose total value was $100M or more. 11 out of those 20 only have a single guy though making that much.

Teams with $100M deals on their payroll:

-Yankees (Aroid, Tex, Sabathia, Tanaka, Ellsbury, Beltran)

-Dodgers (Kershaw, Kemp, Adrian Gonzalez, Greinke, Crawford)

-Phillies (Hamels, Howard, Lee)

-LA Angels (Pujols, Trout, Hamilton)

-Rangers (Fielder, Choo, Andrus)

-Tigers (Miguel Cabrera, Verlander)

-Mariners (Cano, King Felix)

-Nats (Werth, Zimmerman)

-Giants (Posey, Cain)

-Reds (Votto)

-Rockies (Tulo)

-Mets (Wright)

-Braves (Freeman)

-Cardinals (Holliday)

-Twins (Mauer)

-Red Sox (Pedroia)

-Blue Jays (Reyes)

-Brewers (Braun)

-Marlins (Stanton)

-Rays (Longoria)

Side note is Tommy Hunter really worth 4.4m

4+ is on the high side for a reliever, but I'd definitely bring him back at that rate for 1 year. You already have one hole with Miller gone. He also could have significant trade value at the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can thank Cruz for this.
I hear the Mariners have an opening for a new fan. I'm surprised their recruiter hasn't contacted you already.
This never gets old.Don't agree with team go pick a new one smh.

Actually, what never gets old is your incessant negativity, on both the main boards and the game threads (during the season.)

You actually probably make some good points amid all of the negative, sarcastic dumps that you take, but the problem is that (I believe) that you have managed to accumulate a Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome. If the team were in the midst of their 14 consecutive losing streaks, then perhaps your takes on the actions/inactions of the Orioles' front office might not be far removed from reality. But the Orioles ARE NOT mired in a 14 consecutive season losing streak ...... they have had 3 consecutive winning seasons, two of which were over 90-win seasons.

Hence, it is particularly ironic when you (of all people) assert that a comment from another poster "never gets old."

Interesting fact: there are more teams WITH $100M players than there are teams without them. 20 teams out of 30 have an active player on a contract whose total value was $100M or more. 11 out of those 20 only have a single guy though making that much.

-Nats (Werth, Zimmerman)

-Giants (Posey, Cain)

-Reds (Votto)

-Rockies (Tulo)

-Mets (Wright)

-Braves (Freeman)

-Cardinals (Holliday)

-Twins (Mauer)

-Red Sox (Pedroia)

-Blue Jays (Reyes)

-Brewers (Braun)

-Marlins (Stanton)

-Rays (Longoria)

Orioles 85.5 million. Worth 150.

-Nats (Werth, Zimmerman)

-Giants (Posey, Cain)

-Reds (Votto)

-Rockies (Tulo)

-Mets (Wright)

-Braves (Freeman)

-Cardinals (Holliday)

-Twins (Mauer)

-Red Sox (Pedroia)

-Blue Jays (Reyes)

-Brewers (Braun)

-Marlins (Stanton)

-Rays (Longoria)

Mariners just signed Seager to a $100mil contract as well. Pretty interesting list there.

-Nats (Werth, Zimmerman)

-Giants (Posey, Cain)

-Reds (Votto)

-Rockies (Tulo)

-Mets (Wright)

-Braves (Freeman)

-Cardinals (Holliday)

-Twins (Mauer)

-Red Sox (Pedroia)

-Blue Jays (Reyes)

-Brewers (Braun)

-Marlins (Stanton)

-Rays (Longoria)

It's today's Baseball can't be scared to dip your toes in.

Archived