Last Year we needed a TOR arm, closer, left fielder, DH, second baseman, RH bench bat

weams

This year we need a DH and an outfielder can be either left or right fielder.

Our payroll with projected arbitration increases is approximately flat from last season.

With my expected five to seven percent increase, we have eight or nine million a year to spend. If we spend more than that, we may well be into shedding obligations.

A week before the winter meetings.

This year we need a DH and an outfielder can be either left or right fielder.

Our payroll with projected arbitration increases is approximately flat from last season.

With my expected five to seven percent increase, we have eight or nine million a year to spend. If we spend more than that, we may well be into shedding obligations.

A week before the winter meetings.

I would argue that Delmon Young could be our D&H. He has the prerequistes for that job. As far as OF options, Rios and Cabrera are interesting Melky is 3 years younger, with better OBP.

I would argue that Delmon Young could be our D&H. He has the prerequistes for that job. As far as OF options, Rios and Cabrera are interesting Melky is 3 years younger, with better OBP.

Delmon can only hit LHP. He's a great bat off the bench but thats it. He's not worth a two year deal and no one is really knocking down his door. We can revisit Delmon in late January / early February becuase he will still be available then.

We should really be focusing on our corner OF'ers options:

Pearce (LF)

De Aza (RF/LF)

Lough (RF/CF/LF)

Alvarez (RF/CF)

I see us signing someone like Morse or Melky but thats about it.

If we don't sign anyone IMO Walker would be in the mix for the DH spot.

I think one of the biggest acquisitions Dan made last year was de Aza. He's a step down from Nick, IMO, but gives us the flexibility to avoid spending big money on the OF if we find better uses of our funds.

I think when we tendered De Aza, that Dan had a good idea Nick was going to leave.

Delmon can only hit LHP. He's a great bat off the bench but thats it. He's not worth a two year deal and no one is really knocking down his door. We can revisit Delmon in late January / early February becuase he will still be available then.

We should really be focusing on our corner OF'ers options:

Pearce (LF)

De Aza (RF/LF)

Lough (RF/CF/LF)

Alvarez (RF/CF)

I see us signing someone like Morse or Melky but thats about it.

If we don't sign anyone IMO Walker would be in the mix for the DH spot.

I think last year Delmon hit right handers better. Let me check.

Delmon Young had a .779 OPS in limited time. That was his best since 2010. No thanks.

Young is a free swinger. Maybe in an everyday role he would be more selective and not feel pressure that he has to go 3-4 to get into the line up the next day. But then again the whole team has is approach at the plate and I don't see it changing. When he's on a hot streak, keep playing him. Another thing about Young is he is a hell of an athlete. So it has to be just bad routes he takes to balls. Maybe he'll one day put it all together.

We don't need much. Morse, a lefty pitcher. A catcher to replace Matt. Play ball.

Only you would think we need this little.

RF , DH , LHP For pen , C , Starter.

The optimist sees SP depth, solid bounce back candidates with high upside in Davis, Machado, and Wieters, some flexibility in OF options to allow the team to explore many possibilities in the off-season and ST, a return of a strong backend of a bullpen, and some promising prospects on the horizon to jump in if they're able to start off strong. There really isn't much to be done. Definitely not nothing but the list is short.

No need for a RF, I have every confidence in Pearce/Laugh to equal or outdo Nick's production. No need for a starter, we already have six. No need for a catcher, Joseph will be fine till Matt is back. I agree we need a DH and maybe a lhp for the pen.

Archived