Last Year we needed a TOR arm, closer, left fielder, DH, second baseman, RH bench bat

weams

No need for a RF' date=' I have every confidence in Pearce/Laugh to equal or outdo Nick's production. No need for a starter, we already have six. No need for a catcher, Joseph will be fine till Matt is back. I agree we need a DH and maybe a lhp for the pen.[/quote']

Dan says he wants a catcher.

Play ball to a 80 win season.

This is not intelligent. I mean that in the nicest way. You have already indicated a need for panic and I think that charitably the facts would show that you are wrong. Is there work to do? Sure. You have a defeatist attitude that does not fit with the three years that DD has brought to Baltimore. I do not mind your antsy nervousness of what is in front of us. But your immediate default to we are doomed seems childish. Sort of like Eeyore saying..."We'll never make it."

Love your energy, but to put it mildly, I trust DD exponentially more than I trust your knee jerk reactions.

Young is a free swinger. Maybe in an everyday role he would be more selective and not feel pressure that he has to go 3-4 to get into the line up the next day. But then again the whole team has is approach at the plate and I don't see it changing. When he's on a hot streak, keep playing him. Another thing about Young is he is a hell of an athlete. So it has to be just bad routes he takes to balls. Maybe he'll one day put it all together.

He was much better in a pinch hitting role and when he played here and there than when he played for an extended period of time.

Archived