Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

LOL, it'll cost a pitcher and a big pitcher at that since Lester was given up. Think Gausman or Bundy. So let this one go.

I've been watching MLB Network every night since Sunday this week. Cespedes is going somewhere, that's for sure. He has only one year left on his contract, and the Sox have a surplus of outfielders.

I agree the price will be high, but I don't think it would take any of the big three. The initial thought of Chen or Norris is probably closer to reality.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been watching MLB Network every night since Sunday this week. Cespedes is going somewhere, that's for sure. He has only one year left on his contract, and the Sox have a surplus of outfielders.

I agree the price will be high, but I don't think it would take any of the big three. The initial thought of Chen or Norris is probably closer to reality.

Ya, it's pretty ridiculous to think that one year of Cespedes will cost Bundy or Gausman. Boston wants to trade him, they have a huge jam in the outfield, and just missed out on their most-coveted pitcher. Chen should get it done, though I prefer Norris.

Needless to say, I would be ALL OVER this deal. Cespedes has a cannon for an arm as well, just sayin.

Could me.. Norris and Matusz? Chen is kinda off limits unless it's a straight up trade since he's the only lefty starter we have.

Could me.. Norris and Matusz? Chen is kinda off limits unless it's a straight up trade since he's the only lefty starter we have.

There's a good chance Duke is going to trade one of our six current starters. There just isn't room for all of them. Tillman and Gausman are untouchable. Ubaldo's contract makes him un-tradeable. I think we are high on Gonzo. So if it's a given that either Chen or Norris is going to be traded, why not get Cespedes back for one of them? I make that deal in a heartbeat, even if its Chen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, Yoenis Cespedes would fit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> OF needs nicely, but can't see the O's giving up much to a division rival for a one-year rental.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, Yoenis Cespedes would fit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> OF needs nicely, but can't see the O's giving up much to a division rival for a one-year rental.</p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's not like they didn't already just do that 4 months ago.

Archived