After losing Nick & Nellie and standing pat at the Winter Meetings, O's still the best in AL East

mdbdotcom

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Os still have a injury prone 3B who they will have to bank on to stay healthy ALL year.

A young 2B they have little confidence in otherwise they wouldn't have made a play for Kendrick.

A pitching staff that isn't that much better than the Red Sox.

2 hooked on the OF until they figure out what they want to do with De Aza.

Hole at DH unless everyone thinks that's Pearces job to lose.

And IMO the bullpen lacks depth and versatility.

CD is the biggest strike out machine in the league outside of maybe Mark Reynolds and Adam Dunn.

And unless CD gets back to his 2012 self, I think this team will be in the bottom half of runs scored.

Pearce, Jones, Hardy, and a healthy Machado would be the only ones id bank on for solid offensive production and Pearce is a ? Still.

I'm always optimistic, but I try to be a realist as well. Yall are seeing the glass half full and I'm seeing it half empty.

Still have the best rotation, defense, manager, bullpen and power in the division.

Very good conclusion, the rose colored sunglasses seem to be common. Let us not forget there is no Nelson Cruz out there this year for 8mil. He carried this team the first half last year. Our pitching was terrible the the first half, lucky to get through the 4th inning.I may seem to be down on this team at times but I'm an O's fan from Ct.and grew up in Mass. always stood up for my team. Always traveled to Miami in the winter to see spring training.They were good days and good teams.

Red Sox made a lot of splashes but their starting pitching still isn't much.

Yankees are still trying to put a team together.

Blue Jays need pitching.

Rays are the Rays.

The O's still have excellent defense, good pitching, and a lineup that will score runs. They are the most balanced team in the division and have a solid group of players who have been together for a few years now and enjoy playing together.

They have a few holes to fill, but nothing major. And, the O's still have money to spend.

Lookin' good!

We also have the best manager in the division.

Os still have a injury prone 3B who they will have to bank on to stay healthy ALL year.

A young 2B they have little confidence in otherwise they wouldn't have made a play for Kendrick.

CD is the biggest strike out machine in the league outside of maybe Mark Reynolds and Adam Dunn.

And unless CD gets back to his 2012 self, I think this team will be in the bottom half of runs scored.

Pearce, Jones, Hardy, and a healthy Machado would be the only ones id bank on for solid offensive production and Pearce is a ? Still.

I'm always optimistic, but I try to be a realist as well. Yall are seeing the glass half full and I'm seeing it half empty.

Our pitching staff is significantly better than Boston's.

The Miller/Betances combo in New York is better than what we have by a decent margin. They're borderline unhittable.

They basically traded Robertson for Miller and a comp pick. That's a marginal upgrade over what they had last year. Plus I could see Betances taking a huge step back next year.

The Miller/Betances combo in New York is better than what we have by a decent margin. They're borderline unhittable.

1. A lot of guys were unhittable until they had to close.

2. Name another pitcher in that bullpen.

3. Let's see Betances do it for more than a season.

4. Bullpen health is almost directly tied to SP health, how's that going for NY?

5. O'day/Hunter Britton has proven to be borderline unhittable.

I agree those might be close but there is a lot more that goes into it than 2 guys.

Lineup

1.Blue Jays

2.Orioles

3.Red Sox

4.Yanks

5.Rays

Starters

1. Flip a coin on the top 3 could go anyway

4.Red Sox

5.Blue Jays

Pens

1. Tie Yanks and O's

3.Red Sox

4.Blue Jays

5.Rays

I am kind of pissed the Matusz Snider deal didn't go down. Hopefully that happens

It was before the Pirates snatched Bastardo out from underneath us. It was supposed to go, Batardo to us, Matusz to the Pirates, Snider to us. I do not know who we were giving up for Bastardo.

:2yay-thumb:

And there you go.

The reality of our team in a nutshell.

MSK

Archived