Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I saw Tony's take last night when this story appeared dead, but I'd like to know what he's thinking now that this keeps dragging out and we still have no real detailed comments from Duke?

I'm hoping that things are like Dan said and he's knee deep in trade discussions right now and not even thinking about this "story" but how can he be?

Duquette knows that Angelos doesn't want to grant permission for an interview. He knows they don't want to let him go. You'd think if Duquette accepted this a 2 minute, "I'm happy with the O's and have no interest in leaving for another job" would have been pretty easy to say last night or first thing this morning.

I believe that it was up to Angelos to speak first. This now allows Dan to say that he has heard the rumors, but not been contacted. Nor had he asked for permission to interview.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He will continue to do a fabulous job because he is a professional and would hurt his stock if he didn't continue to do so. Tired of the "if he doesn't want to be here" talk.

Indeed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xvSZzRJWMn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I recall, when some fan asked at fanfest Dan Duquette why the Orioles were thinking about trading JJ Hardy ( no doubt reading about said rumors here, lol) if he was so important to our success, DD defiantly said " we are not."

The language he has used thus far is not exactly convincing that there isn't some kinda fire under the smoke.

"my expectation is that I will be GM for the Orioles". Well no ****, Sherlock. It could be that he is klutzy with the English language and media....but so far he is fighting fire with oily rags and and gasoline.

I also wonder how leaks actually work. Are Adam Schefter and KR that much better at getting sources amongst the teams, or are they sports world Mafia bosses, using extensive networks of patronage and racketeering amongst the local reporters to get their scoops?

And the reason KR gets the scoop on the Orioles so much is that he has a better network of spies here amongst the Sun expatriates?

I can't imagine too many people from the Orioles would not tell him immediately to go **** off when contacted.

This story would die if Duquette would just state that he's happy in Baltimore, does not want to leave and has no intention of leaving his current position for another job.

But he can't seem to do it. On MLB Radio he was told that Angelos expects him to honor the last 4 years of his contract. He replied, "That's good to hear and I do have a contract and I always honor my contract. I appreciate the interest and I don't have anything else to add."

Then he was asked whether he would approach Angelos about getting out of his contract if he wanted to be the Blue Jays' CEO. He said, "The good thing is that baseball's always interesting and there's always a lot of opportunities and if you do a good job, the opportunities follow you."

Approached by a few members of the local media after the interview, Duquette still declined to talk about the Jays and said, "I'm here to represent the Orioles."

He's keeping this story alive with his inability to flat out state, "I'm not interested in going anywhere". Is he privately interested and does not want to end Toronto's interest that keeps him from stomping out the rumors?

This story would die if Duquette would just state that he's happy in Baltimore, does not want to leave and has no intention of leaving his current position for another job.

But he can't seem to do it. On MLB Radio he was told that Angelos expects him to honor the last 4 years of his contract. He replied, "That's good to hear and I do have a contract and I always honor my contract. I appreciate the interest and I don't have anything else to add."

Then he was asked whether he would approach Angelos about getting out of his contract if he wanted to be the Blue Jays' CEO. He said, "The good thing is that baseball's always interesting and there's always a lot of opportunities and if you do a good job, the opportunities follow you."

Approached by a few members of the local media after the interview, Duquette still declined to talk about the Jays and said, "I'm here to represent the Orioles."

He's keeping this story alive with his inability to flat out state, "I'm not interested in going anywhere". Is he privately interested and does not want to end Toronto's interest that keeps him from stomping out the rumors?

I think it's natural and understandable for Dan to be interested. I'm not so upset about Dan potentially leaving as I am about the timing, and the seemingly conflicting reports about where the Blue Jays are in the process. One minute Dan has the job and Angelos is standing in his way, the next minute the Blue Jays are also interested in Kenny Williams and Terry Ryan, then a day later it comes out that the Jays' president is sticking around for one more year. I feel like we are being jerked around here, and not by Duquette.

I think it's natural and understandable for Dan to be interested. I'm not so upset about Dan potentially leaving as I am about the timing, and the seemingly conflicting reports about where the Blue Jays are in the process. One minute Dan has the job and Angelos is standing in his way, the next minute the Blue Jays are also interested in Kenny Williams and Terry Ryan, then a day later it comes out that the Jays' president is sticking around for one more year. I feel like we are being jerked around here, and not by Duquette.

Yep..... a good part of the thred is about Rosenthal and the media. That's the story IMO.

Archived