Dan Duquette Duplicity Thread

weams

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Angelos is no angel.

Nope he sure isn't. Ed Rogers iii on the other hand...

The name of the Rogers employee who got the presidential ball rolling down hill and into the public relations gutter remains unknown,” Elliott writes. “However, Edward Rogers, son of the late Ted Rogers, did call White Sox president Jerry Reinsdorf to ask about hiring Williams during the World Series. He called Williams too.”

...Elliott reminds us that “under new Rogers boss Guy Laurence, both Edward Rogers and his sister Melinda have been removed from the day-to-day operations of Rogers Communications even though they are major share holders in the company.”

He leaves the money quote to Reinsdorf: ““I’m not responding to a request from Edward Rogers a beneficiary. You have to follow baseball procedure. A request for permission to interview someone has to be put in writing.”

Now, it should be remembered that Reinsdorf is a friend of Beeston’s and may be intentionally casting aspersions here, but what in the great ******* universe is Edward Rogers doing making these calls?

I mean, maybe he was the designated point man and this was all squared by Beeston’s bosses, Laurence, Keith Pelley, and whoever else may fit in the chain of command, but… um… you know who at Rogers probably has the inside baseball knowledge to go and find an appropriate replacement for Paul Beeston? You know who is probably up on standard MLB protocol in such matters? I’m thinking it’s Paul Beeston.

I just don't get the hate for Ken on this topic. You have most of the local reporters saying the same thing he has. JMO i might be crazy so be it.

Asberger's syndrome isn't an insult. I'm sorry you felt it was an insult. My apologies. There are many, many really successful people with Asberger's. The ability to interpret tone is pretty inherent. It can be somewhat developed, but being adept at it is mostly innate, rather than learned. Again, apologies.

That is probably an appropriate post. I do know folks like that though. Jerry Seinfeld says he is on that scale.

I just don't get the hate for Ken on this topic. You have most of the local reporters saying the same thing he has. JMO i might be crazy so be it.

Ken right now is saying he thinks it is 100% DD is gone. Buster Olney on the other hand says the Orioles have all the leverage. Once again why didn't Ken ask the same questions in his tweets of the ChiSox as he did the Orioles? Kenny Williams said he considered resigning, why not attack the White Sox for not letting him talk to them?

Ken right now is saying he thinks it is 100% DD is gone. Buster Olney on the other hand says the Orioles have all the leverage. Once again why didn't Ken ask the same questions in his tweets of the ChiSox as he did the Orioles? Kenny Williams said he considered resigning, why not attack the White Sox for not letting him talk to them?

You would have to ask Ken that i have no clue. But for some reason the White Sox talk died that day when the info came out. The Orioles talk just wont go away.

Someone explain this to me. Yes, the White Sox refused the Jays permission. It's assumed the O's were a) never asked b) asked and were rejected. So the Jays, for whatever reason, zeroed in on Duquette. It seems like Weams, and maybe others, are blaming Rosenthal for this.
I haven't seen a report that Baltimore granted permission for Dan to talk to Toronto. What I hear the owner saying is, "there are no negotiations." Maybe somebody else can enlighten us on this.

You would have to ask Ken that i have no clue. But for some reason the White Sox talk died that day when the info came out. The Orioles talk just wont go away.

Whether the talk died or not doesn't matter. Did Ken ever question the Sox not allowing Ken Williams to talk to them? He said it would be hard to get DD to stay it is a promotion and yet isn't it also a promotion for Kenny Williams? What is the difference?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you get a chance, check out my column on the Orioles front office situation at <a href="http://t.co/Ry5iChr6k2">http://t.co/Ry5iChr6k2</a></p>— Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's right this needs to end now one way or another.

Someone explain this to me. Yes, the White Sox refused the Jays permission. It's assumed the O's were a) never asked b) asked and were rejected. So the Jays, for whatever reason, zeroed in on Duquette. It seems like Weams, and maybe others, are blaming Rosenthal for this.

Once again, why didn't Rosenthal go after the ChiSox the same way he did the Orioles? It is ok for the Sox to deny permission but not the Orioles? He said it is hard to stand in the way of a promotion for DD but where is that comment in regards to Kenny Williams?

Once again, why didn't Rosenthal go after the ChiSox the same way he did the Orioles? It is ok for the Sox to deny permission but not the Orioles? He said it is hard to stand in the way of a promotion for DD but where is that comment in regards to Kenny Williams?

That's the thing how do you know the Orioles did? The owner has said they would look at a offer. Sure doesn't sound like they deny them.

Ken did say he thought it was 100% that DD was gone. However, the rest of the interview he says that Angelos has the leverage and DD is under contract so no sure thing. Also called PA a brilliant lawyer and TOUGH negotiator.

LOL. So it is 100%, but no sure thing?

That's the thing how do you know the Orioles did? The owner has said they would look at a offer. Sure doesn't sound like they deny them.

I am talking about Rosenthal, not what the teams did or didn't do. Ken Rosenthal basically said it is a promotion for DD and it would be hard for the Orioles to stand on his way. Ok fine, wouldn't that also apply to Kenny Williams? Did Rosenthal say that about Williams?

Archived